Viewing balance on transactions - money disappearing

chasingsecrets
Contributor
Contributor

On the old paypal layout, you could select to view your balance on your transaction history. Like a bank statement you could see your balance next to each incoming/outgoing transaction. 

I can't find a way of doing this on the new layout. I need this, because money seems to be going missing. Small amounts.

Today I had £150 balance. Recieved a payment of £22.98.... 0.98p was charged at a fee on the transaction, but that left me with £168.70... I only received £18.70 from this transaction..... minus the 98p....£3.30 has gone missing!! 

I've just noticed this.... so where is this money going? and how to I view my balance history? I want to know how many times this has been happening.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

realoldstufftoo
New Community Member

After many years of using PayPal when it was part of Ebay I had no problem getting full disclosure of my account.  Since its separation, I am beginning to believe there is more happening than meets the eye or is being disclosed on both sides of the separation.

Failure to allow access to an accurate running total or gross display seems insidious and a bit on the shady side.  It also seems that PayPal may be having internal I.T. reporting problems that have not been corrected since the separation.  In any case I am becoming increasingly concerned about the safety of my funds to the point where I may need to find an alternative to PayPal for my online banking needs.

I for one have contacted my legal representative concerning this as it is so concerning.  Response to date has been that on the surface this may be a violation of U.S. federal banking and financial laws although this is not definite yet.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback regarding the difficulty of finding the way to view all activity with balance. Your feedback is very important.

There is a way to still see the activity with balance. On the right-hand side, there is a drop-down link that says "Statements". Choose this and select  "Account Statements (PDF)". On the screen that follows, you will see the classic style history, and you can select "All activity (with balance)" on that page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks, that's really helpful but, why all the complications with absolutely no explanations on the page about how to do anything? Paypal are missing the  point about the absolutely poor design of their website. Measure twice, cut once is a saying that carpenters use but, Paypal need some common sense on board to realise this when creating a website that customers can use with ease. I tend to use classic view all the time because the Smartphoine/tablet version is awful and you cannot see what is going on in your own account, which is frankly missing the whole point of using a payment format. If your bank statement had everything hidden you would change banks. 🙂

Login to Me Too

brockallentaylo
New Community Member

This is absolute nonsense!!! There should be a running balance on the main page on the standard site. I CANNOT TELL WHAT MY BALANCE IS! Even on the classic site it is impossible to tell, and the answer to look at the statements in PDF does nothing for right now because its old info not current. This needs to be clear and easy to read without clicking on anything. You people are hiding something or have intentionally made your website hard to use and understand. Ive been using paypal since the beginnig I might add. 

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

On Classic View if you look towards top left there is a category "view all transactions with balance". That displays everything. Paypal are stupid as they have created a new useless website, with no explanations, that is totally unintuitive as, their designers have managed to forget common sense within their brief. It's a good looking site but devoid of essence. Anyone could design a better site with little effort that actually gave you the information that you need. To invest that much money and come up with a disaster is pretty revealing and shows their contempt for their customers and poor management. Paypal need Mentoring by an outside body. With anything like this it's, "Measure twice, cut once" , rather than create a useless interface. Obviously for small tablets and smartphones the format has to be simplified to view, however, to sacrifice the ability to see what is in your account with a running balance is probably the dumbest move Paypal have ever made.

Login to Me Too

fallcrack
Contributor
Contributor

i have tried to link my bank but i entered wrong amount 3 times. This is the correct amount: 19/11/2015 $0.05 and $0.20. This this my paypal url: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/home

Login to Me Too

pskerrit
New Community Member

Paypal is bcoming like apple. with each upgrade they move away from the notion of "intuitive" to "complicated" and that worries me. Trying to shroud acces to options in obscurity especially when those options help people to manage their affairs, is very worrisome and makes me wonder the motive for doing so.  Why make things complicated and waste people's time each time trying to figure things out. Like trying to use itunes. I have never had to try to figure out something I have done over and over beacause each time it beats me thinking why is this not intuitive.

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

Good points. I think that these large companies that grow exponentially think that if they do not change everything all the time that it will not be fresh and end up making changes for the sake of it a lot of the time. 

Login to Me Too

cslayton19
Contributor
Contributor

From previous post by someone else"

"This is just a stupid disaster from Paypal to remove a running balance from accounts. There is no other system in the world to do with banking or payments that does not have a running balance to view."

I agree.

Using Classic View is the only way to use PayPal. Like so many "improved" interfaces, the new "Paypal for Dummies" interface is a disgrace. It was not broken, and just as Intuit indicates that the technology for  balancing my checkbook requires a software upgrade every few years (and yes, I know that they need an income stream), Paypal is a adopting the "just look, but not too closely" approach with a new interface that screams my Credit Card balance (that I do not have, and will never use), but hides the processes resulting in my  balance, so  that it is basically unhinged from the reality of what went in and what went out.

Login to Me Too

swpery1
New Community Member

Wow, I thought I was just a moron for not seeing a link to a very basic item that is included on every balance sheet ever created in the history of balance sheets....that is, of course unless you work for the counter-intuitive crew at PayPal. Glad to see it's just a giant scheme to be a pain in the **bleep** while making it impossible for people to gain real-time access to their money. This can't be legal. WTF PayPal, I thought eBay was the evil side of your old partnership. Clearly they were the brains behind the operation. You are horrible. Then you try to sell me a business account...shame on you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.