Viewing balance on transactions - money disappearing

chasingsecrets
Contributor
Contributor

On the old paypal layout, you could select to view your balance on your transaction history. Like a bank statement you could see your balance next to each incoming/outgoing transaction. 

I can't find a way of doing this on the new layout. I need this, because money seems to be going missing. Small amounts.

Today I had £150 balance. Recieved a payment of £22.98.... 0.98p was charged at a fee on the transaction, but that left me with £168.70... I only received £18.70 from this transaction..... minus the 98p....£3.30 has gone missing!! 

I've just noticed this.... so where is this money going? and how to I view my balance history? I want to know how many times this has been happening.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi chasingsecrets,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused you and would be happy to help!

When you view your transaction history from the 'activity' tab, you can select to change from 'all activity' to 'activity with running balance' (listed at the top near the sorting dates).

I hope this information helps!

-Ashley PHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Going_Crazy
Contributor
Contributor

I have this question too...  and I no longer have anything that says "activity with running balance'" at the top near the sorting dates.  "Actvivity" is at the top of a drop-down menu that does not include running balance, and there is no other mention of running balance anywhere.  How did I get a running balance now?  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

magistraiacoba
New Community Member

I also want to see a running balance, but it no longer appears in the new layout.  There is an "All Transactions" option in the drop-down activity menu, but no option to see a running balance.

Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

That not true.

You have no option to select "activity with running balance".

You should try yourself. No such words,  "activity with running balance".

You can select is the all I don't need to use.

The New system is missing the most important tool, TRANSACTION HISTORY WITH BALANCE.

The new system does not show any fee take out from PayPal, the Gross pay and so on.

It just show how mush the buyer paid, period.

The old system is much easy and speedy to get idea how the transaction was done.

Login to Me Too

gypsy278
New Community Member

Hello, This is also happening to me and when I look at the transactions with the running balance it still does not add up correctly.  I receive a paymetn for $18.60  but the balance only went up $7.45.  The details show +18.60 after paypal has taken their fee.  I dont understand this.  I made a payment for $2.00 but my balance changed dropped by $14.  If I am viewiing all activity shouldn't it be showing me anything that would/could affect my balance? I checked and had no pending transactions for three days before and after the dates of the discrepencies.  Please help as I believe this has been happening on my account for the past month

Login to Me Too

lion276
Contributor
Contributor

The only way you can view all of your transactions with balance included, is to swtich back to the "classic site".  To do this, when you log in and are at your balance page, scroll all the way down.  At the very bottom on the left side you will see the words:  Classic Site.  Click on it.  It will then give you the old options to view all activity with balance included.  

Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

You have to go back to the old system.

The new system does not do anything what I'm looking for.

It had no system to see the Transaction history with balance.

Even it does not show the Gross pay and PayPal fee for each transaction.

Login to Me Too

wildeoffice
Contributor
Contributor

After weeks of looking I found the solution.  When viewing "all transactions" click on the large square labeled "bookkeeping" located at the top between "activity" and "charts & graphs".  The old-style running total etc will now show.

Login to Me Too

Hughmoz
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "All Transactions" now and the bookeeping does not exist. This is just a stupid disaster from Paypal to remove a running balance from accounts. There is no other system in the world to do with banking or payments that does not have a running balance to view. Paypal are simply being deliberately disingenuous and disrespectful to their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.