Using Paypal shopping cart with a Payments pro account

retcynm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm helping my employer se up his online store. For (amongst others) security reasons, he wants to use the paypall shopping cart for checkout, but he has a Payments Pro account. Will he need to downgrade to a Payments Standard account to use the Paypal shopping cart?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi retcynm,

A "Payments Pro" account type doesn't really exist; the account types are either Personal, Premier or Business.

However, if you mean that he has signed up for PayPal Payments Pro, that's not a problem at all.

Whenever you sign up for Payments Pro or any of our other more advanced solutions, you can still use Express Checkout or Payments Standard with the same account.

So to answer your question; no, you won't need to downgrade if you want to use Express Checkout or Payments Standard when you already have Payments Pro.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

retcynm
Contributor
Contributor

If there is a more appropriate forum in which to ask this, please let me know 🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi retcynm,

A "Payments Pro" account type doesn't really exist; the account types are either Personal, Premier or Business.

However, if you mean that he has signed up for PayPal Payments Pro, that's not a problem at all.

Whenever you sign up for Payments Pro or any of our other more advanced solutions, you can still use Express Checkout or Payments Standard with the same account.

So to answer your question; no, you won't need to downgrade if you want to use Express Checkout or Payments Standard when you already have Payments Pro.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

retcynm
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that helped. Thank you very much for the response 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.