Two digit code ?

Iambubblebee
Contributor
Contributor
The last two Saturday's I've tried using my PP account to purchase at Dollar General. However, instead of receiving the normal 4 digit code, I've received a 2 digit code big and bold. It states to show the cashier. However, they don't know anything and just have me enter it on the pin pad where it's declined. I'm disabled and it is an effort for me to get out as it is. Yet when I have available credit and an available balence and have spent two hours shopping and I'm declined... I'm beyond frustrated. Someone please help. I need to go tomorrow and am out of things but I need to find out why this is happening. Has the account changed? Is the associate supposed to do something different now ? Thanks
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Need more info.  Are you using a mobile phone to pay or an in-store PP card?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Iambubblebee
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, my mobile phone. I've always used it and it's always had me click on the dollar general tab. However, now instead of me sliding over the curve to reveal a 4 digit code for me to type into the pay pad , it comes up with a 2 digit code in big black bold font with the message to show the cashier. ?? The cashiers have no idea & tell me to just try to type it into the pay pad.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have you updated the mobile app?

I'm on iPhone 4, with the most current version of app. 

I logged on, scrolled down a little and tapped In-Store...the first store was a Dollar General about 1.5 miles from me.  Tapped on the store and a 4-digit code appears and it lists my payment method at the bottom.  I am doing this from home at 11 pm in the evening, with Dollar General likely closed for the night and it works.

There was no curve thingy to slide to reveal anything so maybe you are using an out dated version of app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.