Two business accounts for separate companies with separate bank accounts?

bdimitrova

Hello, 

I already have a verified personal account and a verified business account. I'm in the process of registering a second company that will be a separate legal entity, with separate bank accounts and cards. Can I open a new business PayPal account for the new company (with new email), considering the fact that it'll have to be under my name again?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You wouldn't be able to use the same SSN on 2 accounts.  Will both have the same address?  Will they have separate phone numbers?

It might be a good idea to get direct information from PayPal customer support to make sure you get it right.

Login to Me Too

bdimitrova

I'm not in the US so we don't have SSN (and I didn't have to provide one for my existing business account). The business equivalent to EIN - a UIC will be different for both companies. Either way, I guess you're right, I'll go to Support for more accurate info. Thanks : )

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bdimitrova

You are only allowed 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other is business.

If you want a second business account you would have to contact customer services and ask them if they will allow it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.