Someone please help.

braydinwalters
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold digital codes, people bought them and disputed through the credit card company so I couldn't do anything. I get it, there's no protection for that. I know its a scam. Thousands of people online know its a scam, and im sure PayPal does too. I lose every case and to add insult to injury, PayPal fees me $20 every time. 

Im now negative a lot of money and I would love to say I refuse to pay it but I really can't pay it seeing as I'm a broke college kid. Is not paying it going to affect my credit score? Because I'm never using PayPal again in my life. That much I can promise you. So i'm willing to just let my account stay the way it is and never log in again.

Also my credit card and bank are linked. Can PayPal just take the money?

Lastly is there anyway I can just close out my account and be done? I'm perfectly fine with being banned for life..

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@braydinwalters

Paypal can't take funds from your linked c.c. or bank account without your authorisation.

All they can do is put your account into negative and limit it.

I don't believe this can impact on your credit score but you would have to check on that one.

You won't be able to close an account with a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.