Some questions about how test PayPal interface

WUCoder
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I am trying use test account to test my PalPal interface code. What I already did is;

1. Registered a PayPal account

2. Registered a test account

Then I wrote source code to support pay money online. My source code like below: 

SourceCode.png

I think that after I payed money, PayPalReturn.aspx page or PayPalNotify.aspx page will be called. But actually nothing happended. So how to solve this problem?

Second question:

When I created a bank account for my test account, I was asked input real bank account, that's why? I show a picture below.

InputAccountName

I am afread that when I use this test accout to test my code, I still will lost my money from my real bank account.

Thanks for any helpful responce.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi WUCoder,

Welcome!

When using test accounts both the sending and receiving account must be a test account.  The transaction will not be successful if a test account is trying to pay a real account or vice versa.

The bank account number you enter into a test account can be fake. A real bank account number does not need to be added. 🙂  No real banks or credit cards will be charged with the sandbox environment.

The cancel, return and notify URLs in the code are also pointing to your local machine.  While this shouldn't technically be an issue if the browser knows to redirect to the local machine, you may want to try hosting the asp scripts on a specific IP or domain name and linking to that directly instead of your local machine.

I also recommend checking that "auto return" is turned on in your profile settings for the test merchant account (and the real merchant account once you go live).  Instructions for enabling Auto Return can be found here: Auto Return Overview.

Edit: Looks like those instructions are for the old profile.  Here are the updated instructions:

1. Click Profile under the My Account tab.

2. Click on More Options or click on the Profile link itself after the dropdown menu appears.

3. Click on My Selling Tools.

4. Click on Update next to Website Preferences

5. Look for the Auto return section and toggle it to "On".

6. Click Save at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

WUCoder
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot , finally I got help, I will try later.

But after I read your answer, I have some new questions.

1. After customers pay money, looks redirectino is not necessary, so how I can get information about customer pay or not.

If I need implement IPN or PayPaly will call my notify page automatically ?

2. What's the parameter?

If PayPal call my Cancel Page, Return Page or Notify Page, what are there parameters? Could you give a list?

3. May I test Cancel Page, Return Page or Notify Page with test account?

I implement a onlime payment interface in China. I only can test return page at my local computer. If I want to test notify page then I have to publish my web site. It's same for PayPal? If it is not then may I use same way to test it?

Is there any document describe something about how PayPal call my Notify page, Cancel page or Return page. When I implemented the payment interface in China, there is a document tell me all parameters, how to tell caller it is OK or not OK or recall again, how oftern my return page,and notify page will be called. PayPal has these docuements? If have then please tell me the download address.

Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

WUCoder
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it but failed. I show the picture to you:

SetupReturnPage.png

First Question:

I loged in my PayPal account to set the return page but I test my resturn page with test account. So can it work?

Second Question;

If I set this return URL then it looks it will work for all my Auto Return payments. What the link "Learn more" tells me is that if I do it then it looks like a hard code style. Actually I want to do it programmatically.

Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.