Setting up products in PayPal Payments Pro

DougDye
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using basic PayPal products for a long time, but now I am setting up PayPal Payments Pro for a client for the first time. He already had the accounts set up and I am having a VERY difficult time finding out how to set up products. Do I set up the products in his "regular" PayPal account? If so, how do I integrate them with PayPal Payments Pro?

I have read countless "help" docs, and I can't believe how difficult it is to find this information. Is there a document with clear, step by step instructions for setting up products for PayPal Payments Pro? Because I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As Pro is different product, it does not work the same as Standard.  Almost everything you do is on your web site, setting up items, inventory, etc.  With Pro, the customer remains on your web site thru the entire checkout process, they are not redirected to the PayPal Checkout Screens.  Basically all you're doing is passing the credit card info to PayPal for processing, the rest is managed by you.

One option for specific questions concerning Pro, you may want to check out the Developer's Forum.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/paypal

Login to Me Too

DougDye
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I understand that. I need to know how products are set up on PayPal Payments Pro. That's what I am having a difficult time finding out.

You say "Almost everything you do is on your web site, setting up items, inventory, etc." So how are items set up, and how are they linked to Pro? Do they require code from PayPal like Standard does? If so, where do I get the code, if I set the items up on my site?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.