Setting Up Automatic Payment Error

noahsnyder007

Hey there everyone! Smiley Happy

sell things on eBay from time to time, and recently tried doing so. However, I received a message saying I needed to setup an automatic payment file before I sell anything on eBay. I chose to do this through PayPal, but after I sign in I get an error message. It says, "Feature not available at this time." Basically, I get an error when trying to setup an automatic payment through Paypal.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Anyone else having this problem? 

*I'm also on a student account and have tried setting this up numerous times throughout the day. Even on differnct computers* 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need either a Premier or Business Account. 

Login to Me Too

noahsnyder007

But I've sold things on this account before and never had a problem. However, if I were to make a new account would I do a premier or business one? I just sell a couple of old things laying around to make a few extra dollars every few months. It's nothing major.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As long as you're 18 or older, a Premier Account would work fine for your needs.  Premier Accounts are intended for people who sell occasionally and are not a registered business.  Keep in mind that in order to use your PayPal Account as intended, you will need both a bank account and credit card, both must be in your name.  This will allow you to verify your PayPal Account and make setting up an eBay Seller's Account (if desired) much easier.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.