Selling items without a Tax ID set up and receiving money for services rendered

daughter2
Contributor
Contributor

1.  I am new to PayPal and I need to know if I can sell my product without a website or a tax ID or SSN submitted.

2.  Also, can I receive money for some typing work I do once in awhile?

I have a ton more questions, but I will start with these two

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Eventually PayPal will ask for tax id/ssn if it looks like you're consistently receiving payments but the threshold would be 200 payment transactions valuing over $20,000 gross per year which will be reported to the IRS if the activity meet these numbers.

You can receive money for some typing work, just create and send an invoice to the email address of the person you did the work for.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

daughter2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. You stated I could send an invoice to the email of the person I do some work for. How do I do that? Plus, do I have to send an invoice or can this person just put money on my PayPal through their credit card or bank account. I need to make sure I have everything set up correctly.

Also, how do I transfer money from my PayPal to my bank card?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you log on to your account, there should be navigation links for you to request money, create invoice and send money.  When you fill in the info and submit it, PayPal will contact the other party via email with instructions on how to pay.

You can either give the other party your PayPal email address and instruct them to go to PayPal website to make payment with their credit card or bank account, or you can log in to your account and send a money request or an invoice to the other party and the other party logs onto their account or sign up for one and send you payment.

When someone has sent you money, it would be held in your PayPal account as a PayPal balance.  You enter your bank account info into your account settings so you can withdrawl the money from your PayPal balance to your bank account and then you can use the money via your bank card.  I'm not sure if you can transfer money directly to a bank card but if you transfer money to your bank account you can use the money via your debit/bank card. 

You can also load money from your bank acct to your PayPal balance and make purchase or enter your credit card as a payment method so when you make a purchase using PayPal, your credit card is charged if you have no funds in your balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.