Selling an item question

Brandon10995
Contributor
Contributor
I posted an item on craigslist for my area that a person contacted me from another state with serious intent on buying it, they said we would go through paypal which i personally i have no problem with, i just don't want to get scammed by sending this item to the person and having them dispute the payment. So i was wondering how i can make this transaction go as smoothly as possible for both myself and the person that would be buying the item from me?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read up on seller protection.

Don't send the item till payment showing in your paypal account balance.

Risk assess your transaction first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brandon10995
Contributor
Contributor
I was reading it, me and the person had some good dialogue so i know they aren't one of the usual frauds on CL, How long does it usually take a payment to clear on here?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

the payment should show in your paypal account balance as soon as the buyer has paid but if you are a new seller it may be pending under the new seller hold. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Brandon10995
Contributor
Contributor

I see, yeah this would be a first time selling something over Paypal, do i have to make any changes to my account? Or how long would it take for that payment to show up? Cause obviously im not shipping a $1000 item before i know my money is secured and this person can't get the item and ask for a refund

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You have to remember that your buyer may not be happy sending that amount of money and may be not receiving their item.

Your buyer can still file for item not received or item received but not as described and you may have to refund hence you need to read up on seller protection.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Brandon10995
Contributor
Contributor

I have read it over a couple times actually. How do you create a transaction on Paypal so that my buyer can agree to what they are supposed to recieve? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.