Scam

Jirry
Contributor
Contributor
I called pay pal as I was concerned I was being scammed. The rep agreed and asked me to forward the emails to the fraud dept. I now have an Email telling me they made a mistake and all is legit. Is this just a continuation of the scam?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As you have provided no details then we can have no idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jirry
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item. Money was not received in my pay pal account (Canadian). I received an email saying I had to send $$$$ via western union to a shipper in the usa before the money came to my account. I called pay pal and they told me this was a scam. I am now getting threatening emails - claiming to be from pay pl - that I have violated the agreement and will be sued. Another email said that the info I received on the phone was incorrect and all is legit. Still sounds like a scam to me. How do I get this to stop?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A SCAM.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Or they say you need to pay the "shipping agent" for them via western union, they don't want your item the scam is that payment.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.