Sandbox testing using fake credit cards

SandboxUser
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Paypal Standard method and have created a Sandbox account. I have created buyers and merchant test accounts in the sandbox. The checkout process works fine with those accounts.

But is there a way to test checkout process without creating a buyers account in Sandbox.

i.e I want to test with credit cards numbers not created by Sandbox test account.

Are there any fake credit cards numbers I can use to test?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi SandboxUser, and welcome to the forums!

Are you looking for a card number not created by the preconfigured account process, or card numbers not created by the sandbox at all?

There's a really neat feature of the sandbox that you may not have stumbled upon yet. If you go to an account you've created in the sandbox and add a credit card via the Profile link, the system will populate a fake card number for you. You'll have to adjust the expiration date to make sure it's in the future, but it's a number that will work as a second card on the account.

If you're looking for card numbers not created by the sandbox at all, I found this list of Test Credit Card Account Numbers for you. There are other resources out there outside of this one, but the numbers may not be acceptable in the test environment.

Good luck!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SandboxUser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for the quick reply. When I use the credit card from the link you sent, I get the following error

You cannot use an e-mail address or card number that belongs to an existing PayPal account. If you have a PayPal account, please log in. If you don't, please change the e-mail address or card number and try again.

The email and credit card I enter does not belong to any Paypal account I have created.

I am looking for a credit card number not created by sandbox. I want to test transaction as a guest without credit card created by Sandbox. Is that possible?

Also I have a buyers account in the Sandbox created for Germary. When I enter  that credit card number and try to do transaction as a guest, it doesn't allow me,where as for other countries, I can do it as guest.

For Germany I have to do the transaction logging into the account.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi SandboxUser,

For sandbox testing, you would need to use a sandbox buying account to ensure circumstances where the testing should be successful. While tested guest checkouts may potentially work, there are a lot of variables that can prevent them from working in the sandbox environment, which prevents conclusive testing.

I'm sorry to hear those numbers did not work for you. The benefit of using the sandbox-generated card numbers is that there are no conflicts between multiple accounts using the same number at the same time.

I wish you luck with your testing!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.