SSN and Company address for Paypal Business - for Non US resident

AlperA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

On the 6th of august, we opened our LLC in Nevada. For that reason, we want to get an business paypal account. I am from germany, so I don't have any SSN, and therefore rather than getting a regular EIN, I had to get an International EIN. Our company is a web solutions compan, so we also don't have any physically address in the U.S, we only have a P.O.Box. Here are the questions:

1) On the paypal for business website,during the registration, it asks for a company address and says "(no PO Box)" But we don't have any physically address in the U.S. So what now?

2) As I am not an U.S. Citizen, I don't have any SSN, and that is why I needed an International EIN and I have it. But during the registration it also asks for SSN. What now?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

1. Yes, you must be able to provide a physical street address.  The work around is to use a service offers what they call a virtual office whereas you can have physical street address, PO Box, a place to hold meetings and even someone to answer calls.  The services vary in prices and options so you have to do some shopping around.   And check out the services offered by the USP Stores - many can provide you with a physical street address as well as a mail box.

Here's one example of a "virtual office" service, there are many more:

http://www.davincivirtual.com/?gclid=CLnmsu_bk8ACFSMLMgodOhsAkA

UPS Stores:

http://www.theupsstore.com/mailboxes/Pages/business.aspx

2.  You will need to get an IRS ITIN or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.  The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).

Login to Me Too

AlperA
Contributor
Contributor

So basically,

1) Only having a P.O.Box is not enough to be able to use paypal for business.

2) Rather than SSN , it is ok to write our EIN.

Are they correct? thanks!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

1. Correct, you are required to have a physcial street address.

2. An EIN is for the business however, there has to be one persons's name associated with the PayPal Account, that's where the SSN or ITIN is used.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.