Reports

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

From August on my Daily Sales Reports and Monthly Financial are downloading in a web archive format when I select excel as the download type.

When I open the excel file aside from the raw code, there is a message that says:

this is a web archive file, if you are seeing this message, your  web browser or editor does not support web archive files.

I'm using IE8 but have tried Firefox and Safari and even Open Calc.

Is this a Paypal change or something on my local computer? Does anyone have this problem?

thanks

LBSO

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A .webarchive file is a "Safari" web archive file. Meaning it's a web page saved by Safari that can be viewed by the user even when the not conntected to the internet.  To veiw the file requires Apple Safari.

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

A .webarchive file is a "Safari" web archive file. Meaning it's a web page saved by Safari that can be viewed by the user even when the not conntected to the internet.  To veiw the file requires Apple Safari.

thanks - I knew that already but that does not explain why when I download the reports as excel, it downloads a webarchive unless the paypal is delivering the Apple version. I did try opening the file with Safari for Windows but it was the same.

Has anyone seen the same problem?

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.