Refund?

CleanCO
New Community Member

On Friday (8/1), I was sent a notification that I was issued a refund from a vendor whom I paid using PayPal. My account was linked to my debit card.

My Checking Account balance still does reflect the refund even though PayPal says that the refund was paid.

Am I **bleep**?

I'd appreciate any feedback that I can get.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CleanCO
New Community Member

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Ekitiafor2013
Why does it take a longer time for your refund to be credited to your credit or debt card when your payment is automatic and refund long delayed. This is double jeopardy where you can not get the product nor your immediate money...
Login to Me Too

Ekitiafor2013
I am a victim. I got a mail that my refund of $319.99 has been refunded but nothing in my account to show for any refund. Why the delay when the payment was automatic? Something urgent has to be done quick and fast. This is heart breaking and frustrating. It does not encourage future transactions...
Login to Me Too

Blakehuffmane
New Community Member
So I payed this guy on eBay $178 and he said he received the wrong product so he didn't want to send me the wrong thing so he refunded my money to my paypal. Well the thing is I always pay with a visa gift card that you buy at the store and put any amount you want on it so I don't have anything registered to my paypal so how would I get my refund? Does it go back on the card? Cause I went to mygiftcardsite.com and it still said it has $0 on it so I'm panicking help!!!
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It goes back to the card account.  As many cards are not reloadable, you have to contact the card issuer for assistance.  It can take up to 2 weeks for the funds to credited back to the card account.  Unfortunately the process is not instant.

Login to Me Too

bobbyhayward156
Contributor
Contributor

barbieftolla
New Community Member

I brought a portable dvd player for a gift.  they said it was new and never opened.  When they opened it they asked me if I brought it used and I said no,  When they showed me it was all marked up.  they described it as brand new.  i SHOULD E ABLE TO SEND IT BACK FOR   A REFUND.  I ALSO WAS NEVER CREDITED FOR PILLOW PRECTORS THAT I  NEVER RECEIVED.  I'M GETTING DISCOURAGED WITH BUYING ON EBAY AND I PURCHASE A LOT OF ITEMS.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @barbieftolla,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about these orders. 😞

This is where you'd want to take advantage of PayPal's Purchase Protection. If you're having a hard time working with your sellers or your sellers are not responsive, you'll want to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

If you have troubles or questions, let us know!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.