Refund

jbagarinao
New Community Member

Paypal has issued a refund to a buyer. The buyer has refused to return the goods as arranged by Ebay. What to do? Customer, I believe, is one of those buyers wanting a FREE order.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If PayPal issued the refund and you did not get the item returned, you may be out of luck.  Normally PayPal will do the refund once they receive tracking information from the buyer.  The downside is, a not so honest buyer can submit fake tracking info as PayPal does not follow-up with you to find out if you actually received the item.   When dealing with honest folks, it's not an issue however, there are some not so honest folks out there who have found ways to take advantage of the policies.  As a business owner, there are risks however, there are zillions more honest people out there than not so honest.

Login to Me Too

DuroF1
Contributor
Contributor

You may want to alert ebay what PayPal has done.

You may also want to block this buyer from ever purchasing anything from you again.

Check ebay's discussion boards to see if any other seller has had the same problem.

If you communicated via ebay's message center, you should have proof that you followed ebay's guidelines.

But chances are you lost the money !!!

Hope

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.