Refund Request

Aries06
Contributor
Contributor

I process a refund on 2 of my customers and checking on my paypal account the status is already refunded. After 60 days, the refund was not yet returned to them. My customer got angry and told me that we didn't process it even if we did. They also told me that upon callling PAYPAL, there was no refund request recorded to them which my customer very angry. I already showed them the screenshot of their transaction which has a refunded status and yet they dont believe me. How is that possible? I process the refund but paypal said that they don't have a request for that.. Can someone please explain to me what was the problem with this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as this is a member to member help group, we do not have the ability to review transaction records.  You really need to follow-up with customer support.  Assuming you have the refund info in your account transaction history records, there should be no question that you issued the refund.  You can contact customer support via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Aries06
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Snowshoe,

I already emailed paypal with regards to this and based on their emial here's their feedback

" I have reviewed the transactions associated with this authorization and no chargebacks have been received for these transactions from the buyer.

Note:

• You can refund a payment when its status is "Completed," "Pending," "Cleared," or "Uncleared."
  • If the transaction only allows for a full instead of partial refund, it is likely the buyer used a coupon or gift certificate. When coupons are applied to transactions, full refunds are the only option. If this is the case, you can provide a partial refund to the customer by using Send Money.
  • You can only issue full refunds on personal payments."

If they have not received a refund request, why does on my paypal account, the status is refunded?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.