Recurring payments not charged.

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with recurring payments not being charged recently?

I've got lots of recurring payments set up.  The payments that were supposed to be charged on 27-29-sep didn't get charged.  No transactions.   But the recurring payments before and after those dates were fine.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

just called again.  they are aware of things (at least so they say).  Problem is, there is no communication on the paypal status pages about this.  he said all subscriptions will rebill accordingly.  ETA is today or tomorrow.  i am wondering if they just do not want to call anyone in to fix this so as soon as someone comes in on monday morning this will all be magically fixed.  really sucks but i have never had problems with paypal before and stuff does happen.  just wish it was communicated better.

Login to Me Too

Duotrope
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunetely, that is the same ETA they gave yesterday.

Login to Me Too

ffang2
We are all in dreamland if we think they are actually going to fix this on a Sunday. My guess would be it will be fixed sometime Monday afternoon after their developers are back into work in the morning. I've called several times since Friday (none of my recurring transactions ran on Friday either) and they keep telling me the same thing over and over and over again. It will be fixed this afternoon or tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose the good news is that - since this is a problem that will cost paypal a significant amount of revenue (in terms of lost transaction fees), I'm sure it is going to get alot of attention.

My biggest concern is them being able to successfully process subcriptions that are past their due date (i.e. 10/30, 11/1, etc.) correctly.

At this point, I can't even log into the site (using a paypal secuity key for two-factor authentication), as I get some kind of "gateway timeout" error.

My guess is that there is some serious issues with some kind of system change/upgrade/maintenance site-wide, and it has brough a bunch of systems down in the process.

The only thing I can rememebr taking this long to fix was a year or two ago when it became impossible to cancel a customer's subscription manually for about a week or so. Here's hping this problem doesn;t take that long to fix.

Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Going on 9pm now on November 2nd, and still no activity processing pending subscription payments. I now have at least two days worth of subscriptions that have not been processed.

Anyone see any movement at all on this issue?

Login to Me Too

itsmerobg
Contributor
Contributor

Wow really this happening right at the beggining of the month! I was expecting over $5,000 in subscription renewals, what is the deal please fix ASAP!

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

what a surprise.  this was not fixed sunday.  i expect it to be fixed monday when normal staff is on hand.  overall they have handled this very very poorly and i am not impressed.  with paypals size you cant tell me they do not have people on call for this stuff.  very disapointed.

Login to Me Too

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

This has been happening to me since September.   Their solution was for me to tell my subscribers to resubscribe.

Good to hear you guys are calling them up.  More people would sure make it more important for them to fix it.

Login to Me Too

ssnetwork
Contributor
Contributor
Subs are coming through now 🙂
Login to Me Too

nnnfloss
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else's subscriptions stop on 6/Mar, 11/Mar?

I had a whole lot of subscriptions simply stop during those dates, but not any dates around them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.