Recurring payments not charged.

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with recurring payments not being charged recently?

I've got lots of recurring payments set up.  The payments that were supposed to be charged on 27-29-sep didn't get charged.  No transactions.   But the recurring payments before and after those dates were fine.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi niknah0,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your recurring payments. Unfortunately, without being able to take a look at your account, I wouldn't be able to see why specifically this has happened. I recommend reaching out to us directly through the 'contact' link listed at the bottom of any PayPal page for assistance with this matter.

-Ashley PHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent this to PayPal via the contact page but but they've stopped responding.  And the subscription has still not being charged after a month.

On top of that.  This problem is increasing.  More and more subscriptions are not being paid.

webform id...

VV44REXAU (KMM136178379V26343L0KM)

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

I've just run into a similar situation. We run a subscription-based web service, and we've been running for 6+ years now virtually without a hitch.

When I checked out account today, I noticed none of the November 1st subscription payments had not been processed, when they are usually processed first thing every morning. Upon contacting paypal via email from the customer service link, the only info I was given was that"There has been a delay in processing these payments.".

In 6 years (and over 14 with this business account) I've never had this happen, but I certainly hope it gets cleared up soon.

Login to Me Too

niknah0
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, 1/Nov.  And bunch of dates late October and late September. It was ok before September.

This is not a "skipped" payment as I first thought. But the subscription has been completely stopped without notice! Have not received payments for them since they stopped.

I was told by the PayPal tech support that it's because I'm using the S- type subscriptions instead of the I- type. You can see which one you're on because the I- type get a "suspend" button and the subscription id starts with an I-

But I used to be on the I- type, then it suddenly changed to S- type for no reason.

I have thousands of subscriptions. So each time this happens I get tens of subscriptions disappearing.  And the problem is getting worse every few days, more subscriptions are disappearing!

Fortunately, PayPal has called me and offered to pay the missing funds. Hopefully, it gets fixed and I'll send them my list of missing subscriptions.  So the sooner they fix it, the less it'll cost them.

I've had subscriptions since 2011.  On two accounts, happening to both of them.

Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - this will be a disaster to my business, as we run very slim margins, and the cash flow from customer subscriptions goes almost entiry towards our hardware leasing fees.

All of the subscriptions in question (From November 1st) still say they are "Active" , so they haven;t been cancelled, just not processed.

This is all very strange, as I've never had a problem with recurring payments in the over 6 years we've been using them, and I never received a notice from Paypal that there was a tefchnical issue (which you would think they would notify merchants of) with recurring payment processing.

At any rate - if this is not fixed quickly, our business could be in jeopardy. I hope they realize the seriousness of the problem.

Login to Me Too

ssnetwork
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

we are having the same issues. all subscriptions payments from november 1st onwards have not been rebilled.

They still show as active in paypal.

example

Next payment date 1st november 2014

it is now the 2nd and they have not been charged.

i think there must be a ipn error paypal side?

thanks

Login to Me Too

blasto333
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. All payments since NOV 1st have not been charged. All the subscriptions are still active. This needs to be fixed!

Login to Me Too

Duotrope
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem. I contacted PayPal via telephone yesterday, at which time they promised the transactions would be charged later in the day. I requested an email confirmation of this claim, since I do not trust the company at all.

As of this writing, the missing transactions have not been processed. In a 36 hour period, we are at over 200 recurring subscriptions that PayPal has failed to process.

Back in July our company decided to stop accepting PayPal for any new subscriptions or returning subscriptions to our service. We are extremely happy to report that PayPal has gone from being 40% of our transactions to just under 25% since July, without affecting our subscriber numbers. Basically, people are resubscribing with our direct credit card payment option. We hope to be fully rid of PayPal within 6 months, as we will be running active promotions to get our customers to swtich. This is all because of issues like this one.

The credit card processor we use actually costs us more in transaction fees than PayPal, but in the big picture getting rid of PayPal will save us money in the long run. The funny thing is that not a single person has complained to us about not accepting PayPal any more for new subscriptions.

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

same problems here.  was told this would all be fixed early this morning but guess what?  nothing yet.  figures this has to happen on the two busiest rebilling days of the month (for me anyways).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.