Receiving credit card payment - personal account

VanillaSkys4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello this is my first time selling something on ebay and using paypal. I have a personal account. My account says I have received my payment from my buyer and its in my "pending balance". It is listed as "Completed" but "funds not yet available". I thought all was well because I am a new seller I would have to wait a while and the estimated fund availability is June 30.

However I received an e-mail saying that personal accounts are unable to accept credit card payments and that I need a "Premier" or "Business" account in order to do so. It said that I will have to deny the payment and ask for  a different form of payment if I do not wish to upgrade. I looked into upgrading but I do not have a "legal business" in order to make a business account and I could not find a "premier" account anywhere. I am just trying to sell some stuff I have lying around the house.

Do I actually have to deny the payment or will it go through? Please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VanillaSkys4

Premier account is no more.

BUT you upgrade to a business account but select the individual pathway if you are not a registered business.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VanillaSkys4
Contributor
Contributor

When I select the upgrade to business account button it directs me right to a page asking for my legal business name and address. I cannot find the pathway you describe?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.