REFUNDS UNCLAIMED

LaraineRose
Contributor
Contributor

I have refunded a customer of mine for some shipping costs.  She has not claimed it.  She does not have a PayPal account. I want to advise her how she can claim this money?  Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LaraineRose
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry  Yes, it says unclaimed beside the amount.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you refund someone you use the refund option and if she did not have a paypal account it would have gone via a debit or credit card via paypal as a guest user.

So any refund would automatically go to her card.

So did you not use the refund option? Did you use the send money option instead??

If so is there a cancel option next to the word unclaimed? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LaraineRose
Contributor
Contributor

It is the first time that I have had to refund money and I believe that I used the "Refund" option.  To be honest, I really don't know for sure.  Is there a way to find out?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

if there is unclaimed showing on your end of the refund then it is doubtful you refunded.

can you tell me if it says unclaimed with or without a cancel option in your paypal account next to the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LaraineRose
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I don't see any cancel option next to the transaction.  She overpaid me for shipping.  I sure hope that I can get this back to her.

Thanks for your help!!

Laraine

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I keep asking you if it says unclaimed next to the transaction in your paypal account.

You have said there is no cancel option but not said if its unclaimed next to the transaction in YOUR paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

LaraineRose
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry  Yes, it says unclaimed beside the amount.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.