Puzzler of an issue with a sale to a customer!

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

I recently received a small order for an item, from a man but the shipping address was that of a woman -- not uncommon for a husband to use the wife's paypal address.  His name was different but that's not particularly uncommon.

However, I then got an e-mail from him saying, whoops, Inever changed my address on my paypal account, can you ship to this other address?

I told him that Paypal does not allow me to do that because then I lose the Seller Protection Plan, but that I could refund him if he'd like and he could change his address and then re-place the order.  He said that was fine.

I went into my paypal account to refund him and there was no link to issue a refund.  Very strange.  I'd never seen the likes of that before, so I emailed him to tell him I was not able to find a way to refund him.  He said, "oh, I closed the paypal account rather than fix the address."  He still wants his money back or the product shipped.

What do I do?  I can't refund him and the only address he wants to use is the one he e-mailed me rather than the official paypal address.  He asked me to write him a check but I'm not going to do that -- how do I know that in two weeks the money isn't going to be deducted from my account due to fraud?  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

No one?  Paypal doesn't have input on this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.