Problem with shipping date

SnowFlakesNana
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a custom made "doll dress" for my granddaughter to use for a dance costume. I ordered & paid on 1/13/2016 & made sure the merchant understood her wear date was 2/27/2016. And that we needed in enough time prior to that date to make sure it fit well & she was able to dance in it at her dance competition on the 27th. She assured me that would be plenty of time. I have emailed off & on to check on the status of the costume & its been hit or miss on replies from her. On 2/15/2016, i was told "hi, sorry i got behind. I will have it out in 2 days. Thanks!" Then another message on the 21st "Hi, its done i just need to ship it. i'll print the label asap. thanks!" Both times i emailed her back stressing to her that i HAD to have this costume for the 27th & i was getting worried that my daughter woulnd't have a costume to wear! No more emails from her. I was notified on the 23rd that the shipping label was created. Then today (25th) that it was scanned in at Salt Lake City, Utah & would be sent first class mail. I live in North Carolina. I'm definitely not going to have it in time. Even if it comes on Saturday, we have to leave home at 600 am to drive to the competition. Now, i am going to have to try to find something for her to wear Saturday which will probably have to come from a costume store & look cheap. I'm so upset!! Is there anything i can do??? I paid $125 for this dress! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SnowFlakesNana

I'm afraid paypal does not really cover items that just arrive late and you also would have no buyer protection as its a custom made item.

All i can suggest is that if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Failing that maybe you could sell on the item yourself??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SnowFlakesNana
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.