Printing shipping label issue

tina1661
Contributor
Contributor

I have a customer that messaged me through Paypal, which of course opened a dispute....now I can't seem to figure out how to print a shipping label for her. Is there a way to do it with an open dispute?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If this is a shipped item, why do you want to print a shipping label?  I have no idea what the problem is.

Login to Me Too

tina1661
Contributor
Contributor

The item hasn't shipped yet, it was on backorder. She messaged me on PP and it automatically opened a dispute. It was not her intent to dispute. I have always advised my customers to never close a dispute because they have no recourse after doing so. I was asking if anyone knew of a way to print a shipping label for an order with an open dispute

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal has changed the displute system.  If the buyer contacts the seller through the dispute resolution system it automatically opens the displute.  In order not open a displute, buy just needs to send an email to seller.

Once the dispute is opened you have a chance to resolve it between buyer and seller.  If the dispute was for non-delivery, it wouldn't make sense to promise buyer now that it would be delivered in a timely manner so you'll need to come up with a dfferent resolution or wait for PayPal the rule for the buyer.

I don't understand why you would want to print a shipping label for something on backorder, something you don't have in stock.

Login to Me Too

tina1661
Contributor
Contributor

The item was on backorder. I have the item now and would like to print a shipping label. Does anyone know a way to do that while there is an open dispute?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The dispute will need to be closed or run it's course.  Of course, the buyer would not close the buyer would not have a second chance in case you don't ship later. 

You could print a shippping lable with USPS.com, but shipping while the dispute is open would be risky.

You apparently didn't ship on time and the customer was tired of waiting.  Reason for the delay is not relevant to the dispute.

Login to Me Too

tina1661
Contributor
Contributor

I will just do it through usps.com. That's what I needed to know. It wasn't that the item wasn't shipped in a timely manner. This was a buyin and the first time that she had purchased during any buy in. She did not realize that buy in groups gather orders and then place those orders and the time frame by which they should be expected to arrive. Basically she didn't read our pinned post regarding arrival of items and shipping. She said she would cancel the dispute, but I advised her not to ever do that becasue of what you pointed out. She will get her items from me, but I can't say that about the next person she might order from.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.