Pending Payment

Bluefootmick68
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my wife sold an item on her ebay account(which is new) and has received payment but it's stating payment pending and won't be available till 6th Sept. Her problem is, does she send the item, wait till funds have cleared? Is she within her rights to wait?

many thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

She can wait but odds are the buyer will file a dispute for non receipt of item and get their money back again as the buyer has paid .

Also the sooner she sends trackable the sooner the funds are released.

New seller hold that every new seller goes through. Info in links below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1646&topicID=RECEIVING_M...

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bluefootmick68
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. 

So sending the item via traceable delivery would rule out a not recieving issue.

so even though the funds won't clear for 21 days, if she doesn't send it the buyer opens a dispute and gets her money back!

The payment that is pending, can it be stopped, ie.....if my wife sends the item can the buyer stop the money clearing into my wife's account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sending it trackable is always advised as if a buyer files a non receipt dispute and you can prove with a tracking number that they got the item it would fail, of course if it does not arrive you would of course have to refund the buyer and claim off your postal courier.

You really need to read up on seller protection before you start selling.

The buyer has paid, it is paypal that is holding the money.

The reason they have done so is if a seller does not have any funds in their paypal balance and a buyer wins a dispute and  the seller refuses to refund the buyer then paypal have to do so and then they have to put the sellers account into negative and chase them to pay them back.

So if you are new they hold the funds for a few sales until you have proven yourself a good seller.

Have you actually read the 2 links that i provided you as its all in there  and  all i am doing is typing out info you have already been given and my tea is ready !!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.