Paypal sent me a new debit card but has the same expiration date as my current one.

panda84
Contributor
Contributor
My current Paypal debit card expires in May 2013. Paypal emailed me about a week ago and said they were sending out a new card. I never requested a new one, but considering my current one was going to expire soon. I figured it was to replace that one. I received the new card in the mail today and upon opening it. I am presented with a card that has the same expiration date as my current card. 05/13. How do I go about getting one that doesn't expire within two months? Is this some type of error and they meant to send me one that didn't expire this year?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You will have to call Paypal

Login to Me Too

SpunBlossom
New Community Member

This happened to me also. My card expires June 2013 and received the same card again with the same card number, expiration, and 3 digit code on the back. Just got off the phone with Paypal and they stated their cards have been updated with a new magnetic strip and this why I was sent a new one. I asked if they could just send me another one with with a new expiration instead of activating this new card and then activating another new card a month from now. They said they don't have the ability to send out a new card with a new expiration date. This seems odd considering they would be able to send me a new card if mine was lost/stolen. The magnetic strip explanation sounds bogus to me. When I went to activate the new card, it asked for my SSN and birthdate. I have been with Paypal for 14 years and I have never given them this information. They said it was due to new federal laws and like a bank, they have to collect this information because they are providing financial transaction services. I told them they were not a bank and I would no longer be using the debit card portion of my account since I will not be giving them my SSN or birthdate. Not to mention, I only use my Paypal account about 1-3 times a year. 

Login to Me Too

DawnFlater
New Community Member

I also received a new card with the same expiration date 06-13. Am wondering if I don't activate it whether my old/current card will still be valid.  I should think so as there haven't been any security breaches and it hasn't yet expired.  Guess I'll find out next time I use itSmiley Indifferent 

Login to Me Too

kennerd
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I recieved a new debit card last week, identical to my current one which expires next month. Should I not use the current one? I haven't tried to activate the new duplicate.

Login to Me Too

disco_y2k
Contributor
Contributor

your lucky!

paypal was hacked in janurary, once they caught on to it they started sending the people whois accounts were hacked new debit cards. the card may look the same, but if you look on the back , the 3 digit code is different.

i was one of the people who had all of thier funds stolen BEFORE paypal started this.

i am still fighting them over this!

paypal denies it, but google paypal hacked 2013....

besides what other evidence do you need, there are THOUSANDS of forum posts from people who had all thier funds stolen, and hey i am telling you i was one of them!

disco

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.