Paypal "Ship-now" link not working anymore??

Mersss
New Community Member

Hi guys,

I'Ve been using paypal a lot the past few years, but stumbled onto this problem lately. When clicking on this link ...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

It redirects me straight to my paypal account when, before, you could just click there to buy any shipping label you'd need.

Is this a global problem or am I just not aware of a problematic??

Thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

tpack42
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal in gerneral hasn't been working since lastnight for me. I tried the like and wasn't able to complete the shipping fields for ship now. I won't let me enter "package type" 

Login to Me Too

stittsville
New Community Member

The ship now function seems to have disappeared. This is very disappointing as i used it regularly.

Login to Me Too

JoyouslyAnnies
New Community Member

I have been trying to use the ship now feature all morning and I too keep getting directed to the regular PayPal page. I tried using the multi phipment feature but it won't interface with my Windows 10. What now?

Login to Me Too

TrailStarAudio
New Community Member

I have been having the same issues as well. The other thing I noticed when I go into more to see all my transactions they are a day behind.

Anyone call into support on it?

-Chuck

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi all!

Thanks for coming here to the Community to discuss this issue, apologies for the lack of a reply here.

The Ship Now feature was never actually intended to be used by customers. This was originally set up as a back end product to be used to test our shipping platform. At some point the URL became public knowledge and was then used by many people. Because this was never designed to be used in the manner that it was, we have retired it.

I hope this clears up any confusion about what's going on!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

aantiques
New Community Member

Andy, thanks for responding to the initial inquiry.  Several years ago I had a problem with an ebay shipment and it was actually a paypal customer service rep who told me about the link, so I thought it was public knowledge.  While I haven't used it often (only for personal shipping needs), it certainly was another reason for me to keep using paypal vs. exploring other merchant payment options in the marketplace.   I would appreciate consideration in turning this link back on and allowing use again.  Thanks much, Karrie

Login to Me Too

Rhylee
New Community Member

Please, Please bring this wonderful function back to us!!!!

I too, just used it for personal mailing (about 10 times a year with no Ebay sales involved) - such an easy site to use and had my Paypal tracking logged if any problems occurred.

Now I'm forced to use USPS shipping with a credit card....

Perhaps it can be "reborn" with limited yearly use??????

Login to Me Too

bassox333
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I know this is late but one solution (not really, more of a work around) is to find a Payment to Canada Post in your history, click into it, scroll down to the bottom of the page click the Ship Another button.  You can then change fields as needed, and select shipping method. 

While this technically works, I suspect that the original buyer gets an email notification about the subsequent label being created.  So this is not a long term fix. 

All the best,

Dave

Login to Me Too

playford69
Contributor
Contributor

It seems they got rid of your work-around! Gotta love a company who makes things less convenient for its customers. Good work paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.