Paypal Express Checkout - (ON) Not Working Still

3Digital
Contributor
Contributor

Hi... need help with express checkout, It's set to allow customers who doesn't want to have or create a Paypal account, and option to to pay as guest's, but wen you try to order once you get to Paypa checkout page it does not apear anywhere.

I tried everything from help sections to videos and tutorial to no avail, myb I miss a step?.... I'm done!.

It's been months like this... I always thought that forums are just a waste of time for (bugs) like these, but myb I will be proven wrong by a Paypal-Master-Lord here.....I hope!. Smiley Frustrated

SOS! please help me!.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi!

Double-check guest checkout is enabled on your account. You can find this in 'Profile' > 'My selling tools' > 'Payment preferences' > Update.

Additionally, you'll need to include the following extra parameter in your SetExpressCheckout API call: "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole".

If this didn't resolve it, feel free to open a ticket at the address in my signature.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

3Digital
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there RobG!.. Thanks for reply. Smiley Happy

Listen, my webstore is E-commerce with integrated Paypal (wich is fancy for: "put your Paypal email here"), so the shooping cart only requires me to put my Paypal e-mail in the set up for payment check out, so it passes control to Paypal check out domain(page), so API call: "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" does not apply here right?..... that is for customized shooping carts (wich you can integrate code to them).

I just want Express-check out to be enabled on my Paypal (Paypal-check out-domain-page, not shooping cart)

My third party E-commerce webstore:

http://www.freewebstore.org/

My Webstore: (Direct link)

www.therasalud.com

Proof: (Pictures of my Paypal Settings)

Paypal-Account-Optional-ON.PNG

E-commerce Software Paypal Settings: (the only section for payments and checkout in this E-commerce solution, as you can see, it only asks for my Paypal e-mail and return link)

Freewebstore-org-Paypal-Integration.PNG

More Paypal Options:

Paypal-Express-Checkout1.PNG

Everything is in order.... right?...

Thanks for your precious time RobG

HELP! PLEASE! lol

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi 3Digital,

The SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole would need to be passed by the E-commerce solution you are using so it would apply to any shopping cart or website using PayPal Express Checkout.  If adding custom API calls to your shopping cart isn't possible, you may need to contact your E-commerce provider to see if they can add that option on their end.

Alternatively, you could see if the shopping cart supports PayPal Payments Standard instead of Express Checkout.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

3Digital
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank!, thanks for your reply.

Got it Frank! I called my E-commerce support and they clarify that they don't have Express coded into the software yet, but will in the future, but now I think I'm confused... Smiley Indifferent Frank, is Paypal Express Checkout the same as Paypal Account Optional?.....

I want people to check out without logging in to paypal or creating an account, AKA: Paypal Account Optional

Thanks Rob and Frank for your support.Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@3Digital wrote:

Hi Frank!, thanks for your reply.

Got it Frank! I called my E-commerce support and they clarify that they don't have Express coded into the software yet, but will in the future, but now I think I'm confused... Smiley Indifferent Frank, is Paypal Express Checkout the same as Paypal Account Optional?.....

I want people to check out without logging in to paypal or creating an account, AKA: Paypal Account Optional

Thanks Rob and Frank for your support.Smiley Happy

PayPal Express Checkout is an API based checkout where buyers would be redirected to PayPal to authorize the payment.  PayPal would then redirect the buyer back to the seller's checkout to complete the purchase.

In contrast, there is PayPal Payments Standard which is our standard checkout based on PayPal buttons and browser redirects to the PayPal website.  The customer is redirected to PayPal and completes checkout on the PayPal website.

PayPal Account Optional refers to the ability for buyers to use these checkouts without needing a full PayPal account.  It may also be referred to as Guest Checkout.  This just refers to that guest checkout feature for those checkouts.

It sounds like your e-commerce solution might be using PayPal Payments Standard so the SolutionType would not be used.  As long as that PayPal Account Optional setting is turned on in your profile, the Guest checkout option will appear for buyers eligible to use the feature.

guestxout.PNG

If the guest checkout option still doesn't appear, please let me know.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

3Digital
Contributor
Contributor

YESSSS!!! that's it Frank!, thank God someone got it (Sorry everyone, it was my fault, wrong wording on my behalf I guess, English is second language to me)

I should just said: Problem with Paypal Account Optional (Not showing up on checkout)

That's my problem, the feature for Paypa Accout optional is turn on, but it still does not apear on guest checkout (Paypal checkout page) as I showed on the pictures.

What can be done about it?.....

Thanks for your time Frank, appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi 3Digital,

No worries, your english is great! 🙂

The pictures you provided don't show the PayPal checkout.  Perhaps you are looking for this setting in your shopping cart?  It would look like this:

guest.PNG

It appears to be working for me so if it's not appearing then it could be due to something else on your PayPal account.

If you think this is a technical issue with PayPal, I would recommend filing a ticket with our Merchant Technical Support.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

3Digital
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, thanks!, your very kind to keep trying to help me, appreciated.

well, it does not show on mine, it instead it says: "Create a Paypal Account"

Here's how it looks for me: (and yes!, Paypa laccount optional is on on my settings)

Paypal Checkout Therasalud.png

Frank, I already tried support phone line, and they did not understood my problem, they thought it was the API Credentials and blame the problem on my E-commerce solution: Freewebstore.org

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

I would guess that it is the e-commerce solution as well or it could also happen if you are testing from a country that is not eligible for guest checkout.

You can find out if this is the e-commerce solution by creating a test PayPal button and checking if the option appears.  If it does, then we know it's the e-commerce solution.  If the option does not appear, then I would guess it's due to a country restriction.

It's also possible that this could be caused by an unconfirmed email address on your PayPal account or if the PayPal account is not Verified.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.