Paypal Account types struggling

lcc1988
New Community Member

Hi, my name is Chengcheng. I am running a web-based company. I want to have online payment option for customers. Before I using Paypal, I have some questions to ask:
1. I am a startup company. My company does not have many clients or much income for first several months. My estimation of transactions per month is about 40 transactions per month, $20 per transaction. Therefore, which type of account do you recommend to start with? Business account or personal account or something else?
2. What is the difference between those accounts? What is difference between personal account and business account? which one is more suitable for my situation?
3. My company bank card is from Chase bank. Should I directly use chase bank for online payment or to use Paypal to make payment from my website? which do you think is better? which one has lower cost?
4. I heard people who are using Paypal said Paypal do offer 1-2 months free trial for startup company. Mine is a startup company and how can I get those special offers? what special offers do they have for new users?

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

1.  Business Account

2.  Personal accounts are generally just used when sending payments as opposed to receiving them and can have limitations when receiving payments that you'll want to avoid by upgrading to a business account.

3.  I'm a little confused by your question here.  You're trying to pay yourself..??  Typically, for security purposes, I like to add my credit card(s) to my PayPal account and then choose PayPal to pay for things on a website, but set the credit card as my funding source during checkout.  This way the merchant you're buying from doesn't know your actual CC details.

4.  I've never heard of such a promotion.  It would be tough to get all your fees waived.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.