Reply to topic
milan Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Payment

How do you verify that a payment is authorized?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Kudos: 113
Accepted Solutions: 35

Re: Payment

Hi milan,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I'm assuming that you are trying to verify that a payment you received is authorized and not a payment you sent?

The PayPal security system is designed to prevent as many unauthorized payments as possible but there is always a chance that a payment sent could have been sent using a stolen credit card, stolen bank or unauthorized use of a PayPal account.

I've pasted our selling tips below from our seller protection page.  You can learn more about seller protection here:

PayPal Seller Protection

From the Safer Selling Tips section on that page:

Unusual Requests and Actions

Always be wary of odd behavior, as it could be an indication of problems to come.

Examples include:

• People willing to pay any price for a rush delivery
  • Buyers who offer to use their own shipping labels
  • Partial payments sent from multiple PayPal accounts
  • Payments not received in full
  • Payments sent piecemeal from the same PayPal account
  • Invoices sent from unfamiliar businesses

Rare or Expensive Items

It's a good idea to be a little more careful when selling items of high value, especially if the payment is coming from another country. See if your buyer is Verified or has a confirmed address, and find out if PayPal Seller Protection covers your transaction in advance.

The PayPal Seller Protection page has a lot of other great information as well.  I also suggest reviewing  Seller Protection Guide to learn about Seller Protection eligibility.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. Smiley Happy Thanks!
0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count