Payment Layout Differences

Chris_P
Contributor
Contributor

Hello;

Basically, I have two offers with two separate payment pages.

The first one looks like this:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PKEDC3J2PKY4S

While the second payment page looks like this:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SGVZTCD7N2MDU

In my opinion, the payment page in the second link makes the ability to pay with other methods apart from PayPal less obvious at first glance.

My question is, is there any way to make the second link's payment page have the same layout as the first?

Thanks for any and all answers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You have two different button functions, the first example is a Buy Now and the second example is a Subscription or Recurring Payment.  The button command functions are different, thus you get two different PayPal Checkout Screens.  With a Buy Now or Add to Card, assuming your account is setup properly, the customer has the option to pay with a credit card as a guest, no requirement for a PayPal Account.  Subscriptions and Recurring Payments require the customer to have a PayPal Account.

If you want all of your customers to pay with a PayPal Account (no guest checkout), then you would need to use Express Checkout.

To be more precise in answering your question "is there any way to make the second link's payment page have the same layout as the first?, the response would be no.  Unfortunately you cannot mix Buy Now or Add to Cart with Subscriptions or Recurring Payments on the same checkout screen using Payments Standard.

One work around would be to use Payments Pro.  With Pro, the customer is not redirected to the PayPal Checkout Screens.  The entire process is done on your web page or site which allows you to control the checkout experience and screen design.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.