PayPal First Class shipping costs

IvysView
Contributor
Contributor

I have looked all over the Community at all the posts for the answer to whether the PayPal First Class shipping costs are correct based on the new postage prices in January of 2012. I have seen conflicting information. Most alarming is that a seller contacted PayPal about the postage being wrong and was told they had no idea how to fix it! I see this thread about the new tool this April and the discount. So I assume that includes the new costs? I have been putting my weights in higher to make it equal or greater than the cost listed on the USPS website so that my customers packages don't come back or the dreaded postage due on their end. Please clarify. TY

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

IvysView
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the Post Office today and they said since the labels are printed with "commercial" postage they are at a discounted price. As long as the weight is correct then the postage should be sufficient/correct. 

I saw that there are a lot of views to this thread and since I had so much trouble finding this answer and help, I wanted to post this concrete solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ShippingDoneCom
Contributor
Contributor

We've shipped 100's of thousands of packages through PayPal shipping over the years and we've never had one come back with insufficient postage.  Most of the post about the postage rates being wrong occur within a day of rate changes.  As of now the rates are correct.  Just don't under weigh a package.

Login to Me Too

IvysView
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your reply. I am hoping someone from PayPal will also reply. TY 

Login to Me Too
Solved

IvysView
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the Post Office today and they said since the labels are printed with "commercial" postage they are at a discounted price. As long as the weight is correct then the postage should be sufficient/correct. 

I saw that there are a lot of views to this thread and since I had so much trouble finding this answer and help, I wanted to post this concrete solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.