No Subscription rebillings completed today?

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

Seems no subscription rebillings happened yet today as they should of.  Anyone else?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Same here - looks like another delay in processing (at least that's what I hope it is).

This has happened a few times in the past. It's usually resolved within a day or so, but the longest processing delay I've seen lasted almost a week (and had those of us who have subscription-based services pretty paniced at the time).

I wish Paypal would communicate with us when there is a problem.

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor
Ha...I think me and you are the only two that ever comment when this happens. Sad it happens this often.
Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like they started up again, but only half of mine that were supposed to process today got processed, so I think there is still issues going on.

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

now im starting to get irritated.  missed a bunch of subcriptions today.    figured they would trickle in through the evening (like they did earlier this week) and still nothing.  what gets me is the account reps and tech support are cocky as **bleep** and tell you not to worry because they technically have all day to bill them and you shouldnt rely on them to bill each morning at the same time.....like they have always done.  fine, but then when the end of the day comes around and they dont bill they are no where to be found.  naturally, the billing system on my side expires those users off by design.  so now what?  will be a busy morning tomorrow.  ugh.

anyone want to take bets on nothing getting done tomorrow and then we are stuck for the weekend?

Login to Me Too

FusionWeb
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah - I sent support an email this morning with a list of all the subscriptions that were not rebilled on the 22nd (which was jsut over half of them for that day).

Those all still say their next payment date is Oct  22, 2015 in the system, so it looks like whatever was causing the delay earlier occurred again during processing yesterday and halted the process.

I suppose the good news is that recurring payments is probably a very significant source of revenue for PayPal, so they have just as much interest in getting everything processed and working again as we do, if not more.

I DO wish, however, when there are these delays in processing that they would show some professional courtesy and let their merchants know that processing will be delayed, so we can prevent any automated systems from suspending/expiring our users unnecessarily.

I hope this gets cleared up asap. It woudl be great if a rep could let us know what is going on.

Login to Me Too

swinny
Contributor
Contributor

no rebillings happened this morning for 23rd subscriptions.

i dont think it is really wide spread to be honest.  have you called your account rep as well?  when i called mine the other day he was apparently the only account rep that had any calls about it (4 calls)...all the others in his area didnt know what he was talking about.

i would think if it was wide spread more merchants would be on here chiming in.  now we are left talking to each other. lol

Login to Me Too

ssnetwork
Contributor
Contributor
Happening here as well no subscriptions come through today.
Login to Me Too

jitter
New Community Member

We have the same problem. No subscriptions received on the 22nd or 23rd October.

Has anyone had any word back from PP Support as to what this issue is and when its resolved. As a side not our subscriptions start with S- (I read somewhere that a long time ago someone mentioned when this happened before that it was to do with this and the fact that newer subscriptions start with I-). 

Regardless, causing an inpact. Would like to know if anyone has any word back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.