No Pay Pal Account and Subscribe Button

susanje
Contributor
Contributor

One of my subscribers had issues setting up a PayPal account and gave up. There was some issue where they said she didn't validate who she was.

I have  Web Payments Pro and told her she doesn't need a PayPal account, just use a credit card. It says at the beginning of the screen when you hit SUBSCRIBE that you don't need a PayPal account.

But when she (or anyone else) chooses credit card, it brings her to the screen that says "You need a PayPal account for this transaction."  I'm confused.  Does she need a PayPal account?

THANKS!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

susanje -

It sounds like you have a standard subscription button.  Do you have the enhanced recurring payments feature?  If not, they would need to have a PayPal account to create a subscription.  Otherwise, you may consider processing the payment manually with Virtual Terminal.  It's also possible that this could be an integration issue; check out X.com if you're integrating a third party shopping cart or to discuss potential solutions with other developers.  The folks at X.com handle merchant integrations and a host of advanced issues - particularly website payments pro - and I've found them to be an  invaluable extra in the past.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.