Newbie With Issue re: Payment Request

KFCLAW123
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All:

Is it possible to send a request for payment that does not specify a dollar amount to be paid?  If not, and a payment request is made for a sum certain, can the recipient pay more or less than the amount requested?

Receive payment for ongoing services rendered from certain client for what she can afford to pay at any given time, so I need to get as much as I can anytime the gettin's good. 

Thank you all in advance for your kind assistance.

Kenny

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello KFCLAW123, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

There is not a way to send a request without including a dollar amount. It is also not possible to send a payment request and another amount be paid. I do have another suggestion that may work for you. You could create a PayPal button in your account and add that button to your website allowing your client to pay any amount.

Here is how to create this type of button: log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), click My selling tools, click update (next to PayPal buttons), click Create new button, select Buy Now, enter Item name, in the price box enter 0.00 and continue to create the button.

When your client clicks on the Buy Now button they will be directed to the checkout page, (this is where they will enter in the amount they would like to pay), click update, and continue to check out.

I hope this works for you!

Smiley HappyMisty

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello KFCLAW123, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

There is not a way to send a request without including a dollar amount. It is also not possible to send a payment request and another amount be paid. I do have another suggestion that may work for you. You could create a PayPal button in your account and add that button to your website allowing your client to pay any amount.

Here is how to create this type of button: log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), click My selling tools, click update (next to PayPal buttons), click Create new button, select Buy Now, enter Item name, in the price box enter 0.00 and continue to create the button.

When your client clicks on the Buy Now button they will be directed to the checkout page, (this is where they will enter in the amount they would like to pay), click update, and continue to check out.

I hope this works for you!

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

KFCLAW123
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Misty:

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.  It is most appreciated.

KFC, III

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello KFCLAW123,

You are very welcome! I am glad I was able to help you out.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.