New merchant transactions - email requesting confirmation of receipt

Frances28
Contributor
Contributor

I have been testing the Paypal functionality for a new Paypal merchant, and two test transactions have gone through successfully, one via my own Paypal account and another with a debit card, using another email address which does not have a Paypal account associated with it.

The transactions have been marked as sent by the merchant and I have received two emails from Paypal requesting me to confirm that I have received the goods. I can see the transaction done through my Paypal account but I cannot see how I can confirm that I have received the goods.

I cannot even see the transaction done with a debit card as I do not have a Paypal account for that email address.

I assume that these emails are being sent because it is a new Paypal merchant, and they will not be sent to every buyer once Paypal is happy with the merchant, but I am concerned that they could confuse a genuine buyer. What is the correct action a buyer should take when they receive these emails please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Is there not some sort of a link provided in the email to verify that you've received your product?  Can you provide a copy of one of those emails?  I don't believe I've ever seen one.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Frances28
Contributor
Contributor

The only link is the Transaction Reference, which then takes me to the transaction on my Paypal account (as long as I have a Paypal account!). There doesn't seem to be anywhere on the transaction details page that I can say it's been received. I've copied in a slightly redacted version of the email below. By the way, I'm in the UK - I should maybe have posted on the UK Forum??

More delivery information for the item you've bought

Transaction ID: 8ME64415KL517141A

Dear Frances,

Melodians (UK) added delivery information. Please note that the tracking information and delivery status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

We are here to help if you have any problems with your purchase. Within 7 days of the expected arrival date, please take a minute to confirm if you received your merchandise by going to the transaction details page in your PayPal account for this transaction.

Delivery company

Royal Mail

Tracking number

sent2

Delivery status

Sent

If you have questions about your parcel, please contact xxxx

Seller Melodians (UK)

xxxx

Delivery address - confirmed 30 MA London, London  SW

United Kingdom

Yours sincerely, PayPal

Help | Resolution Centre | Security

Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg RCS Luxemburg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP513 - e055686168bb2

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.