My paypal account is blocked

almone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I was using a  basic PayPal. One week ago I created a business account to test the functionality. After that, I no more can access to the basic dashboard of PayPal, and the platform asked to send documents related to my business otherwise my account will be limited. I sent twice an email via the contact form on the website to ask for my account to be downgraded. This is the confirmation email I received:

Capture.PNG

Now, my account is blocked and the platform requires me to send documents for a business that does not exist. I only sell an item on eBay for now (I have one withheld payment). 

Capturxe.PNG

I want my account to be downgraded down to the basic PayPal. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As the messge stated you will need to contact PayPal custoemr service directly.  Click on the contact link at the bottom of the page for more information.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only way to downgrade to Premier account is to call PayPal and speak with a customer service agent.  Sometimes these accounts are limited by computer so you need to speak with a human. Do not email.  Go to PayPal Belgium site and click Contact at bottom of page.  

These days it is a very big deal to open a PayPal account because of security measures. Can't just open one and do whatever no more. You have add bank acct, credit card, verify account, even prove you are a business if applicable, before you start using/testing the account or they will limit the acct.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

almone
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your responses. I will try the phone call and post updates.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@almone

There is no premier account anymore, the personal and premier are combined and if you are not a registered business you can sell on a personal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

almone
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I was receiving payment from ebay with my personal account. Now the platform is notifying I can't send or receive payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@almone

Could be for another reason OR that its different in your country, your best bet is to check with customer services.

>>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

almone
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this information. I've just received a first 'do-not-reply' email from an email I sent yesterday. It says my account will be reviewed and I may receive a phone call. I will post updates.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.