MultiOrder won't let me purchase postage - I have a bank and CC linked

lularoesara
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting rather frustrated since I created a second PayPal account to keep this shipping stuff separate from my personal account. PayPal consistently pops up an error that says I have no funds and need to fund my account before I can purchase postage. I have a bank account AND a credit card linked to this account that are not linked anywhere else. 

I've tried importing via a CSV file; I've tried manually entering the information; all a no-go. HOWEVER when I import OR manually enter into my original account, postage is purchased just fine. 

*I also used both internet explorer and chrome. Chrome works just fine with my original account. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you have funds in this account?  If not, you will need to add funds iin order to use the shipping.

Login to Me Too

lularoesara
Contributor
Contributor

I have more than enough funds in my bank account and PayPal specifically notes that if I link a bank account, I don't need to 'add funds' to the PayPal account. That's if I only link a credit card to the account. 

When I use my original account, again I don't add funds to the PayPal account, it direct debits from my bank account. I tried to call PayPal and was on hold for 30+ mins when I had to tend to the littles.

Login to Me Too

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @lularoesara

I'm glad to see that you have posted this question in the PayPal Community Help Forum. I'd be happy to help clarify the situation. When completing payment for shipping in PayPal, it is required that there is an instant form of payment to be used to fund the transaction. You are correct that it is not necessary to have a PayPal balance in order to send payments and complete transactions in PayPal. Transfers between a bank and PayPal can take several business days to complete processing. In order to have a bank transfer process instantly in PayPal, there must be a card listed as a back up funding source. You may add a card to your PayPal account in the Wallet section before attempting to purchase postage. If you run into any issues please contact PayPal Customer Support by phoneFacebook or Twitter for assistance. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 Have a wonderful day!

- Krystin 

Login to Me Too

lularoesara
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get my CC listed as the back up to the bank information?? I have it in there already, but it won't let me say it's the back up payment. 

Login to Me Too

lularoesara
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Krystin,

I'm trying so hard to get the credit card linked as a backup payment method, but I have to go to the classic site and tell it that the one CC I linked, is my primary purchase preference. Then I finally found some pop up that said I could 'change my backup payment method in my Summary page'. But I cannot for the life of my find ANYTHING in there to do this. 

I even downloaded the app in the hopes that MAYBE it would have something in there to set or confirm my backup payment method. No dice. 

HELP Please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.