MultiOrder Shipping Not Available - Or "Not Available" only when printing labels/scheduling pickup

TheRatStash
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having to do without MultiOrder Shipping for about a week now. I was hoping it was a quick glitch, but am now wondering if any others are having this problem:

For about a week now, I can get into MultiOrder Shipping. I can get all the way through inputing my orders & getting ready to print the labels. But when I hit "Print Label", it tells me "MultiOrder Shipping is not currently available". I also get the same response SOMETIMES when trying to schedule a pickup. So, I can't print any labels through MultiOrder Shipping, and can only sometimes schedule my pickups.

I can, however, still print labels through the standard Paypal method: finding the transaction & printing the label there. But I've also noticed that the "find transaction" function no longer can locate any transaction through the "last name", so I have to use the email.

Anyone else having this issue. I'd really love to get my MultiOrder Shipping back sometime soon.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kaytater
Contributor
Contributor

did you get it to work finally? I am having the same problem. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too

TheRatStash
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sick the past week, but just went to use MultiOrder Shipping & it's the same problem. Absolutely outrageous, and according to their "customer service", there is nothing more they can do to troubleshoot the issue. Comically, they only thing they actually did to troubleshoot was tell me to refresh my browser, try another browser & reboot my computer. Apparently, if those things don't fix it, they are powerless. What a joke.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TheRatStash and kaytater,

Welcome! 🙂

I checked and we aren't seeing widespread reports of issues with the Multi-Order Shipping tool. That specific error is usually the result of one of the shipping addresses not validating with USPS.  If one or more of the shipping addresses does not match up with USPS, the entire process will fail.  Try breaking up the orders into two or more groups to help isolate which address might be causing the error.

I like to use this site to check addresses when receiving this error:

https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

If this doesn't work, please let the community know and we can try to troubleshoot further.  If there are any international shipping addresses, it could be an issue with Java and we would recommend reinstalling Java to see if that helps.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

TheRatStash
Contributor
Contributor

This is not an address issue, as I have been unable to use MultiOrder Shipping for ANY order in over 2 weeks. I am also unable to schedule a pickup, same thing... over 2 weeks. I get the exact same error for attempting to print any label or attempting to schedule a pickup:

MultiOrder Shipping is not available.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@TheRatStash wrote:

This is not an address issue, as I have been unable to use MultiOrder Shipping for ANY order in over 2 weeks. I am also unable to schedule a pickup, same thing... over 2 weeks. I get the exact same error for attempting to print any label or attempting to schedule a pickup:

MultiOrder Shipping is not available.

Thank you for clarifying.  Since this issue first started happening, how many shipping labels are being attempted at one time?  Has each attempt shared any of the same shipping addresses?

I would also check to make sure your Ship From and Pick up address match with the USPS standardized address.  That may help.  I just successfully scheduled a pickup on my own account using Firefox.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

TheRatStash
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to print over 20 labels, none of them would print with MultiOrder Shipping in the past 2+ weeks, nor have I been able to schedule a pickup without having to go through Click N Ship.

The same labels that wont print through Multi Order Shipping have each printed fine through the standard Paypal label printing, but it's becoming  quite a pain to have to seach for each transaction manually, & print each label individually. I cannot for the life of me understand why I am able to print via the transaction page but not MultiOrder Shipping, and since MultiOrder Shipping is also bringing up the same error when trying to schedule a pickup I can only lay the blame on MultiOrder Shipping.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, very weird.

I'll report this to our engineers and let them know.  I'm wondering if maybe the Multi-Order shipping tool is not importing the address information correctly.  Since you are getting the same error with Scheduling a pickup, my initial instinct is that your address does not match USPS but you are able to print single shipping labels so that's probably not it.  I would still make sure your ship from address matches USPS exactly.  Even something like "Street" versus "St." might cause the issue.  The single shipping label and multi order shipping systems are different so it's possible that one might work while the other does not.

Another option would be to try entering the shipping address and options manually into the Multi-Order shipping form. Double check each section on the form to make sure the correct information is selected. If that works, then we know there is an issue with importing orders. 

If I hear anything back from the engineers, I'll post to this thread again.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

TheRatStash
Contributor
Contributor

My address hasn't changed & I've not changed anything in the MultiOrder Shipping for it. I've been using MultiOrder Shipping for at least a year now & have always simply hit "schedule pickup", and never an issue until two weeks ago.

& I've already tried entering all the shipping information manually into the MultiOrder Shipping form. Doesn't make a difference. I've also tried refreshing the browser, doing a hard refresh, tried Explorer, Mozilla, and Chrome... nothing works.

A few of these addresses are also addresses I ship to on a regular basis, never had any trouble before. Now I can't print any of them through multiorder shipping.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TheRatStash,

Please clarify how the orders are being entered into the Multi-Order Shipping tool. Are you using the Import option or doing "Create New Orders"? If you are using the Import option, are any of the payments you are trying to print older than 45 days?  I found out that older payments can cause this issue as well.  If you import then manually re-enter the information, it would still cause this error if any of the imported orders are older than 45 days.  I hope that makes sense. 🙂

If there are any older transactions, try using the "Create new Orders" option under the File menu to print labels for those old orders.

I know that wouldn't explain the Schedule a pickup issue and we'll continue to investigate but I just wanted to clarify exactly how the tool is being used as it will help us further research the issue.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.