MultiOrder Shipping Issue

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your patience while MultiOrder Shipping is experiencing technical difficulties. Our technicians are actively working to resolve the problems. I will be posting in this thread with updates as I have them.

Please remember that feedback regarding PayPal tools and services may be posted only in the Feedback forum. I have opened up a MultiOrder Shipping feedback thread. Feedback posts from this thread have been moved there.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

zombiehoard
Contributor
Contributor

@ShippingDoneCom wrote:

They will probably fix Mulit-Order shipping while I'm typing this up, but that won't be a bad thing.

On a hunch, I downloaded our PayPal history of competed transactions today.  Pulled that file into a spread sheet.  Made some changes to the data format and deleted some unnecessary data.  Then saved it as a csv file.  Next, I opened up Multi-Order shipping and imported the newly made csv file.

My orders were now in PayPal multi-order shipping even though the "Import PayPal Orders" option has been failing for the last several days.

I was able to print all the labels and a scan form.

WARNING!!!

The process I just described was not as easy as it sounded.  I glossed over the part about getting the download file in the proper condition for the import process and I didn't mention how you have to map fields from the import file to match paypal import fields.  Also you have to add the shipping classes and weights once the order are in MOS because there isn't any way to import that information.  And to top it all off, you have to go back and manually put the tracking numbers into the transaction details for the payments.

If you must use MOS it can be done but this process is far from perfect.  I recommend that you don't attempt this if you aren't familiar with tsv/csv, files, spread sheets, and the data import process.  Also be prepared for some very tedious work with the tracking numbers and you will most likely develop a stinging pain in one of your eyes every time you see the word 'PayPal".

Good luck.

I used this method as well, it worked to a point. Some labels would not import properly because of character issues, making me have to go through the orders and try to find the address that were causing the issues. Additionally importing them leaves the name on one line and needs to be changed on each label to the first and last name fields before the labels will print.

Login to Me Too

alexizhot
Contributor
Contributor

3 days later and it's still down for me

Login to Me Too

zombiehoard
Contributor
Contributor

Working as of 9:14pm pst on 5/25/2012.

Login to Me Too

longwinterfarm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not convinced it's fixed.  I was able to enter the weight for 88 packages, but I've been getting the "paypal multiorder shipping is currently unavailable" message for the past three and a half hours, despite using multiple browsers, restarts, session changes, etc.  Completely missed the Saturday postal cutoff.  I've gotten the message a thousand times before, but it's never lasted this long, or survived all my fixes.  With the holiday weekend, I can round the delay up to a solid week.  Thanks for helping me **bleep** off all my customers PayPal!  Should be a super fun Memorial Day...

Login to Me Too

hlj
Contributor
Contributor

im getting the paypal labels are unavailable error yesterday and today.  is anyone else?

Login to Me Too

hlj
Contributor
Contributor

i am launching the multiple shipping label tool and am getting paypal shipping is unavailable at this time.  yet it works when i do it individually.  i have been trying today and yesterday.  is paypal having problems with it?  i had it work before!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi hlj,

I've moved your post to this thread since the other thread is specifically about the new Shipping Label Tool. I will take a look and see what I can find out for you. What browser are you using?

Thanks!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

hlj
Contributor
Contributor

i am using i.e. 8.0.  thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi hlj,

I've been looking around and I am not seeing any current issues. It may be something specific to your account, like funding sources or some other setting that differs between the single label printing flow and MultiOrder Shipping. We're limited to general information in the forums, so some targeted troubleshooting may be in order. Can you call or email Customer Service so a representative can take a look at your unique situation?

Thanks! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

68cougarxr7
Contributor
Contributor

All day I've been trying to print one label with MOS, going to MOS directly from Olivia's link a couple posts back, go through all the steps to print, and get a message that says "PayPal MultiOrder Shipping is currently unavailable."  Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.