Multi order shipping- scan sheet option gone?

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Went to print 18 labels today, and when the print window popped up only had "Print sample" and "Print labels". The "Print Scan sheet" option was missing.

Anyone know wtf? The clerk at the post office will not be happy, and the post office requires scan sheets if you have multiple pre-printed labels.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

thetutugirl
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like it is back up. It is completely different, so they obviously made an update and didn't tell anyone it would be down, and then just tell us to clear cache and such...

Login to Me Too

Clothingtrader
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that is good news. I hope it's straightforward and easy to use now.

Login to Me Too

Clothingtrader
Contributor
Contributor

Yay!! I can confirm...the scan sheet link is back. And I just printed my labels. Thank goodness.  But I don't see anything new or different about it. It looks exactly the same.

But I am in the original paypal. So I have no idea if it's different in the new paypal. Cheers!

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Clothingtrader,

Thank you so much for confirming that the MOS USPS SCAN sheet is back.  That caused me some major problems at the post office on Saturday because they literally told me 2 years ago that if I didn't have the scan sheet with my packages that they would not be able to accept them.  Well, of course I didn't have one Saturday, but luckily, they took them.  I would have pitched one more fit if they would have not taken them since there is no way that I could have had one.

I wanted to ask you how you are able to still be in the old paypal now that they have changed over completely?  I can only choose the "classic" version for the summary page, but can't choose the classic for any other pages of the site.  When I choose classic down at the bottom of the summary page, it switches back to the old for that page, but if I leave that page for anything (ie: create an invoice), it switches everything back to the new crappy version.

If you have a way to go all classic, please let me know.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Clothingtrader
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding the old and new paypal and how to revert back to the classic old paypal screen.. I got this off the powerseller board.

depends on which "new" version you have, because there are two.

On the older "new" version it's under the MORE drop down.

On the newer "new" version it's in the lower left corner.

Yes, there are two DIFFERENT "new" versions.

Hope this works for you.

Login to Me Too

Clothingtrader
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, it is illegal for your post office to refuse to scan your printed postage. Your post office is getting credit for all the labels you print at home or office. So they should be THRILLED they don't have to ticket and deal with each item themselves. All they have to do is scan the label, and that's just a different task their computers are set up to do. So I don't know why they would complain. If they refuse, I would contact the main office and file a complaint.

When I went in the two days I couldn't print a scan sheet, my post office just did the individual scans. It takes one second.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clothingtrader wrote:

By the way, it is illegal for your post office to refuse to scan your printed postage. Your post office is getting credit for all the labels you print at home or office. So they should be THRILLED they don't have to ticket and deal with each item themselves. All they have to do is scan the label, and that's just a different task their computers are set up to do. So I don't know why they would complain. If they refuse, I would contact the main office and file a complaint.

When I went in the two days I couldn't print a scan sheet, my post office just did the individual scans. It takes one second.

LOL Not illegal but ignorant.

It's only those that are not up on the techology have trouble scanning these sheets because they're not taught how to do it or not taught new procedures.  They look at you like you crazy. One time a clerk told me that the scan form don't scan because its only one package (she went to the back office to ask too!).  My printer prints those small intl barcodes like crap so I would have them scan the acceptance form instead but noooooo.  So when I print out labels again I checked and the USPS.com says that I can use a scan form with one package as long as the ship from zip codes and ship dates are the same.  And they don't get it that if you scan a package and then the scan form, the scan form won't scan.  I had to print out the text from the dialog window to bring it with me to show them. Idiots!

And here's a tip:

If you have to ship First Class Pkg Intl Registered Mail, buy the First Class Pkg Intl postage online, then when you get to the PO, ask them to do Registered Mail and they can give you credit on the FCPIS postage and then just charge you the Registered Mail Fee.  That way you can save a bit on the FCPIS postage. 🙂  I asked the meanest clerk at my main PO and she said she can do that, suprisingly. LOL

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

You misunderstood what Clothingtrader was saying, she was saying it was illegal for my post office to tell me that they wouldn't accept my multi packages (I take like 30 packages at once sometimes) if I didn't have the SCAN (Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice) sheet.  2 years ago, I didn't know about the SCAN sheet, and was just doing all of my labels individually online (yes, it took me a long time), and then one day, my post master told me that her supervisors told her to tell me if I didn't start bringing a SCAN sheet , that they would refuse my packages because they didn't have the time to scan each and every one.  So, I asked her how I got this SCAN sheet and she told me that she didn't know how to print one, but that USPS online could help me.  I came home and called USPS and they told me how to do all of my labels at one time in MOS and how to print the SCAN sheet.  It did end up saving me alot of time, so it was no big deal.  That is until USPS.com had some glitches and labels I printed on there (HFP and Regional Rate) didn't have a SCAN sheet.  And then this with Paypal.  We have a new post master at our post office now, and she doesn't mind every once in awhile to have to scan the labels individually, but doesn't want it to be an everyday thing either and says that I am required to bring one when I have more than "a few" packages to turn in. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.