Money Withheld

Spellbinder
New Community Member

In January 2013 I was sent some money via Paypal. I know where the money is coming from and I know the sender.

Unfortunately the sender mis-keyed the amount and I received more than I was expecting. The sender immediately notified me and Paypal, who immediately put a block on the transfer. I was asked by Paypal to refund the money to the sender out of my own pocket before they would release my money. I did so, but Paypal will still not release my money.

Whenever I contact Paypal Customer Services I am told this is a scam and Paypal do not ask for refunds. When I tell this to Paypal they say their CS Dept is wrong and and are still asking me for another refund. I have contacted the sender who is as annoyed and frustrated over this as I am, because Paypal have not sent him the refund, despite me sending it to paypal as requested.

Can somebody please tell me who is right here ?  is this a scam (but I know the sender and the money is real) or are paypal acting unlawfully in holding onto my money ?  I have hundreds of e-mails between me and Paypal on this over the past six months. I have reported the matter to the UK and US authorities as a fraud.

Whenever I speak to somebody about thisd in Paypal I get conflicting stories, so I don't know who to believe any more.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.