Many Errors in Monthly Financial Summary

juliespins
Contributor
Contributor

I use the Monthly Financial Summary each month to cross check my accounting.  I now see multiple errors in my August summary. Payments I made to others are showing up in the "Payments Sent" at 2-5x the actual amount of the transaction. When I click on the amount in the summary, it takes me to the original transaction and I can see that a payment that is showing up as $160 in the summary for example,  was actually $32.  The only thing that does not seem affected is postage I purchased through Paypal. Likewise, in the Payments Received section of the monthly summary, individual payments received are appearing at 2 or 3x (exactly) the true amount, for many, but not all payments received.  Some are accurate, but many are multiplied.  I am sure that the total in these categories is not accurate as a result of this random multiplier.  With hundreds of transactions a month, this is a serious problem for me.  I checked with a few others who sell on Etsy and they now suddenly are having the same problems. 

I went back and looked at July and June, and to my horror I now see the same problems.  I know these errors were not there, at least in the "Payments Sent" category, when I reconciled my books in July and Augst.  I never thought to question the totals on the "Payments Received" line before, but I would have definitely noticed a 5-fold error on the amounts in my "Payments Sent." I rely on these totals and now it looks like they are completely inaccurate in unpredictable ways.  Surely others have noticed?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

quadf
New Community Member

I have same problem, where these errors are comig from?

Now I need to check almost every transaction.

Will paypal answer this question?

Login to Me Too

Deanr
Contributor
Contributor

Is someone working on this right now?  I can't get the August Monthly Financial Summary to come up at all.  Ditto for the Monthly Sales Report.  A status report would be nice. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.