Invoice Fields

Fasart
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to know , does Terms and conditions in payment request ( Invoice ) improve sellers safety against scammers ? Does paypal pay attention to sellers Terms and conditions that set in invoice ?

I'm providing web design services and i have over 100 succesfull invoices paid so far , customers are happy and everything, we keep in touch , they order additional services from time to time when they need to. Suddenly one of the last customers, decided that after getting services and after people being working for him for a month he could take money back only because he decided to do something different , how is that should be our problem if he was happy with the service and than suddenly he decides that he will not use it for 4 months, well it is a long story, he seems to be a scammer. I've provided all proofs possible to paypal ( wrote whole long story + sent screen shots of what is been made for him by his request etc etc ). 
I understand that funds beingh on hold is normal procedure at the start because paypal system is automated and now all we have to do is wait until the case gets reviewed by a real person.
It happened first time and now i am a little worried about the Invoice system itself.

Now what I mean is , when you request a payment , you have an Invoice template , you have fill these fields:
Item Name/ID , Desription(Optional) , Terms and conditions, Note to recipient(s) 

Now my main question is, does those fields provide any extra safety to a seller, and most important , our  Terms and Conditions being seen by paypal in case of dispute? Does it help to a seller?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I would recommend reading through this dispute process documentation.  In this case, you're providing a service, so according to the documentation PayPal may request some sort of proof of delivery for said service.

Escalating a Dispute to a Claim

Claims give PayPal the authority to review the case and determine the outcome. Buyers have 20 days to file a claim from the time they open a dispute.

If your buyer files a claim against you, PayPal may ask you to provide some of the following information:

• A third party shipping receipt, a tracking number, or a signature confirmation to prove that an item was delivered.
  • Proof that you delivered a replacement or issued a refund if the buyer received their order, but there was a problem with it.
  • A signed contract or other proof to show that services were provided.
  • Evidence to show that the buyer downloaded your product if you sold a digital good.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Fasart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but i know that, but that wasn't the question.

I want to know using terms in invoice adds more safely to seller or not , thats all 🙂

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Not if you don't follow the rest of the procedures necessary to be eligible.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Fasart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks , I do follow all the procedures needed, just wanted to know if Terms in Invoice are global or just between me and the customer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.