Impossible to print out a quarterly account statement with running balances?

Arboy28
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I use PayPal for my business and have done so for 10 years. In the past it was always possible to print out a quarterly statement listing by date all transactions, incoming and outgoing payments along with the running account balance in the right-hand column. With the new user interface I cannot seem to find any way to create and print out such a quarterly account statement. I can list the transactions, incoming and outgoing payments, but not with the running account balance. According to our bookkeeper, this information is needed to complete our annual financial statement and for tax purposes.

Contacted customer services and they were absoultely unable to help me. Told me to write in a complaint, however, since this problem does not fit a list of predefined issues, the complaint page says to call customer service, which tells me all complaints must be made in writing.

In the end, still sitting here with this problem.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a viable workaround?

Don't mean to be a whiner. PayPal has generally worked very well for our company for a long time. But this issue is a potential deal-breaker and may cause us to switch to another payment provider. Hope somehow has a solution for us.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Are you sure you had it set to "All Activity (With Balance)"?  

They haven't removed anything.  It's all still there.  I do my books every day and I've had to deal with the same frustrations with the new interface.  I'm always able to find it, but it's usually faster just to switch back to classic.  

Sounds like you got there, but now you just need to make sure you have it specifically set to show the running balance.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

All of the same information is still available, but you have to drill down to some deep reporting areas to get to some of it now.  Kinda frustrating, yes, but it's still there.

You should have an option to switch back to the classic (old) design, too, and then you'd have what you're used to.  Do you see a link for that at the very top of the page when you log into your account?

Login to Me Too

Arboy28
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I was able to manage to return to the old format. However, for some reason, it is no longer possible to print out a complete account statement with all transactions in all currencies including the running balance as I use to. I cannot understand why PayPal would eliminate this function, which is essential to us for bookkeeping and tax purpose. It simply makes no sense and represents a step backwards in terms of professionalism and efficiency...

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Are you sure you had it set to "All Activity (With Balance)"?  

They haven't removed anything.  It's all still there.  I do my books every day and I've had to deal with the same frustrations with the new interface.  I'm always able to find it, but it's usually faster just to switch back to classic.  

Sounds like you got there, but now you just need to make sure you have it specifically set to show the running balance.

Login to Me Too

Arboy28
Contributor
Contributor

It worked! Thank you very, very much. Much appreciated. Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

lamboom
Contributor
Contributor

Your instructions solve nothing .. you give no directions as a tutorial should ..   You say something is still there ... well it is not there.. if you cant find it.  Selecting "All Activity" (with balance) is absolutelu no help whatever.. if there is no (with Balance) option... there is only "All Activity"      You may know the details.. but you haven't shared them yet...

How do I click the "Not Solved" button ... 🙂

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

@lamboom, it's a tough thing to give exact instructions for because it seems to be different for different people based on the version of PayPal account they're using.

@Arboy28 had mentioned that he already found is way back to the "old format", and that is where the "All Activity" option is, which is why he was able to easily find it and come back here saying it solved his issue.  

You need to find your way back to the "old format" and then you'll see that option just like he did.  Again, I can't give you step by step instructions on how to do that because it's different for everbody from what I've seen, but it typically involves clicking through various reports until you see that it brings up a repot that looks like the old format.  

Once you've found that then you'll see the All Activity With Balance that give you the running total you're looking for.

Is it a pain?  Absolutely.  It is still there, though, and I'm sure PayPal will get it better integrated into the new format before too long.  

Login to Me Too

lamboom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...  That's a solution! ...  Regards, Michael  ... 🙂

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Actually, I think I may have found an easy way to get there that you can try.  Give me a few minutes and I'll have the answer updated with a better one.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It won't let me edit the answer now, but here you go.  I think this is the sort of thing you were expecting.

How to View PayPal Running Balance in New Design Interface

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.