I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

This is part of the problem, right? PayPal is pretty much the only game in town. There are others...but I can't even think of their names, that's how little market penetration they have.

Does PayPal have a Twitter or Facebook account? I'll have to look. Maybe if we start asking them there to fix this issue they'll wake up.

I had to log in twice in the help forum to post this response, then log in twice more in the PayPal site, then get an SMS code sent so I could actually get this posted. 

Apparently, it doesn't matter whether you use the Verisign card or TFA via SMS on the cell phone, the system still is forcing us to log in twice.

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

For person to person payments, I've used both Google Wallet and Square Cash. Amazon also has their own service, but I haven't personally used it. There is also another service called Dwolla which I just found out about. 

Login to Me Too

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

Just sent a Tweet to PayPal asking them to fix the problem. I suggest doing this, maybe it will help: https://twitter.com/paypal

Login to Me Too

brassrevolution
Contributor
Contributor

Great idea. Here's my tweet if others want to copy it or retweet

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

So the moderators allow a URL to their own twitter page, but anything else the'll remove. Seems like a double standard. @PayPal_Dustin If you want to enforce a policy of no web links, remove all the web links from post. Including twitter.com/paypal.

Login to Me Too

brassrevolution
Contributor
Contributor

Great news... Paypal responded to my tweet - nice suggestion there & kudos. Their response:

@steampunkgogls Hi, our technical team are looking in to this. Can I ask which browser you are using ?. ^PL

My response:

@AskPayPal thanks a lot! I usually use the latest version of Chrome. Currently Version 43.0.2357.81 m

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

Great (hopefully)

But as we all know this is hardly a browser issue.

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm this happens with multiple browsers. Chrome (43.0.2357.81), Firefox (38.0.5) and Safari (8.0.6 (10600.6.3)). All three produce the same issue.

Login to Me Too

SameProblem
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem but it doesn't happen every time; more like every other time. I don't have VeriSign, I go to www.paypal.com and after I log in, I get the exact same page to log in again.

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

To: New Community Member,

You are most likely experiencing a differnt issue. In this thread, everyone has some form of two-factor authentication enabled AND they are forced to login twice.

I would contact PayPal directly to troubleshoot your specific issue. If you are not getting the double login issue every time and you don't have two-factor enabled, I doubt you are experiencing the same issue we have encountered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.