I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

jjttjj
New Community Member

I have this same exact issue as well

Login to Me Too

diveloper

Same here, what a joke. I am using 2-factor auth, if that matters. PayPal fix this insane issue.

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

manucpa
Contributor
Contributor

After many months of this login problem, during the  past 2 days I've only had to login once each time.  Fingers crossed.

Login to Me Too

pwsowner
Contributor
Contributor

They redesigned the look of the manager. They must have done that as part of fixing the login problem because 3 times in the last few days I logged in and only had to do it once each time. Looks like it's finally fixed.

Login to Me Too

tigertrombonist
Contributor
Contributor

Still occurs for me and almost always has. I anticipated this would keep happening so I keep my password ready for quick access and simply copy/paste it as the best work-around right now. I can't recall the last time I ever logged in on any first attempt. Ever since the redesigned, supposedly sleeker look, this has been happening.

Another issue I have: my home tab and shortcut tab are set to access the classic site history page where everything is concise and is more visually appealing to me. On occasion when I log in, however, it takes me to the redesigned craptacular history page. It seems random but I have tested and retested to be as certain as possible that when I log in to PP using my tabs that I always get the classic site history page and it always worked. I haven't figured out yet what, besides possibly having the browser open for some time before logging in, is causing this occurrence.

Another big peeve is eBay's problems with not keeping page view settings to 200 when selected. I don't know why PP or eBay have these random reversion to defaults despite selected choices but they are incredibly annoying issues that have been pushed to the back burner for both companies for a long time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.