I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

greatheaven
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me.

C'mon paypal...are you some small startup or a big company or what?

Fix the issue! It's been going on for over 5 months!

Login to Me Too

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't agree more, we all need to send emails to PayPal support to get them to fix this problem.

Question: does this only happen to users of the Verisign number generator card? I'm guessing the answer is yes, otherwise there would be thousands of people here complaining.

Login to Me Too

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

@924kr wrote:

Question: does this only happen to users of the Verisign number generator card? I'm guessing the answer is yes, otherwise there would be thousands of people here complaining.

I'm still having this issue, albeit more intermittently now than previously. 

I'm not a user of the Verisign number generator card.

Login to Me Too

brassrevolution
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the same problem. I'm forced to log in twice almost every time, and sometimes I get an error, "you're using an outdated version of Paypal" and something about how it happens with browser bookmarks. Clearing the cache does not solve the problem. I was worried it was malware but am glad that others are experiencing the same problem. I have Payflo Pro but I log into my main Paypal account most regularly (as opposed to manager.paypal.com).

Login to Me Too

EmilyApliiq
New Community Member

Paypal - seriously?

You released this new experience MONTHS ago and we are still having to login TWICE. EVERY TIME.

Not cool. Totally unacceptable.

When will a fix be live????

Login to Me Too

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I reported this to them months ago and no fix. I sent another email to customer service about a week ago asking when it will be fixed and I got back the standard "here's how to reset your password" automatic email.

So we can't even get through to someone now at PayPal about this problem.

Meantime, I tried to stop using my Verisign card and I'm using the new PayPal two factor authorization, where they text you a code. But that hasn't changed anything, I still have to log in twice before I can get to the part where I click on the button to ask for the text.

I have a very long password so it's a real pain to have to log in twice. I don't understand why they're doing this and why it can't be fixed.

Login to Me Too

dyslexiagames
Contributor
Contributor

Me too!  5 months been happening.

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

This is frustraiting PayPal hasn't been able to get this fixed. It's a terrible inconvience and turning off two-factor authentication is too much of a security risk.

Login to Me Too

Phing
Contributor
Contributor

Aparently PayPal moderaters do read these forums. My last post was just removed because it was too similar to this thread. That's understandable.

What I cannot accept is why no one from PayPal can respond to all these compaints??? Are we going to see this fixed soon?

Please consider allowing better multi-factor authentication tools like Google Authenticator or the YubiKey Nano.

Login to Me Too

bluewave
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, it seems the only way to get this fixed is to start looking for new payment processing options.  Been with PayPal for about 10yrs, but their lack of communication... even just a simple "we are aware of the issue and are working on it" would go a long way.  I  guess, I assume that all future problems may be dealt with in this same manner - this make me nervous to continue with PayPal.

Anybody have any options they like?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.