I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

panda8buddy
Contributor
Contributor

It is bizarre that paypal -- a company created by some of the top minds in silicon valley -- can't get the login right! 

Login to Me Too

Zappylady
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am having same problem but worse - if I want to print the monthly summary it asks that I log in again.  I recently did a search for a transaction and everytime I searched I had to log in again and it lost the search information -  also I was unable to take virtual terminal payments yesterday and customers are having other problems.

Having to log in  4 or 5 times just to get the information I require is extremely frustrating.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

SameProblem
Contributor
Contributor

After putting up with the log-in duplication, one day I could not use Paypal's virtual terminal on the Chrome browser. After a frustrating time with getting someone from Paypal on the phone, she suggested I use Firefox, so now that's what I use for virtual terminal. Still use Chrome for other Paypal issues and still have to log in twice many, but not all times. You would think if Paypal knows about these issues, they would at least advise us which browser to use, but I guess the problems are not consistent with all users.

Login to Me Too

Hattiwatti
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to subscribe to payments because it's always asking me the code and then throwing me on the front page of paypal 😕

Login to Me Too

mshake

everyone is unable to subscribe....

I have security key, forced to login twice, what is the point of this service?

I ended up using another payment system. Is this what Paypal is asking us to do ?

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is now 16 months old for me, and many others.

What is hard to understand is the neglect to resolve from PayPal. It's not like they take a percentage from every sale for providing a service. Oh wait...

Money only travels in one direction here PayPal. Well past time to man up.

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Bump yet again. 

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support DM'd us on Twitter. 

► Hi there, I'm sorry for the delay in responding. As a work around please change your password through the Forgot Password link. Once the password is changed this should resolve the issue. If you are using a mobile device to access your account please ensure Location is switched on. ◄

After a password change there is no resolution.  Same issue. 

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

More back and forth on Twitter. 

They blamed it on this:

►Sorry about that. We've received an update from our technicians in regards to this. It appears to be happening if the PayPal account is logged out of, but the browser tab is kept open. We are looking into getting it resolved, but in the mean time, closing the browser tab after you log out should help with this issue.

After it was explained that that ins't the issue the tab is always closed they said this:

► Thanks for getting back to us with that information. I assure you our engineers are working around the clock to get this bug resolved. In the interim, I sincerely apologize for your frustrations. 

So in conclusion, they have no freaking clue and are not communicating between each other.  I hightly doubt they are "working around the clock" as after 18 months just smash the clock.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.